PDA

View Full Version : What company is best at printing bulk digital pics?

lukkykatt
08-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Ok, so my procrastination has finally caught up with me and I have to develop 3 yrs+ worth of digital pics. Who is best on a quality/price ratio? And throw in a dash of convenience.

I could take them to Ritz or send them right to Ofoto, Shutterfly or Snapfish. We have a Walmart nearby too.

I know this has been discussed before, but I don't know who to use given that I have so many to order. I like to have good quality pics, but I would like a decent price, given that I need to get so many (hundreds). Does anyone give a volume discount?

searchdog
08-15-2005, 06:37 PM
I usually get all my photos printed at Costco, but I am now waiting to get my pictures printed until I have more to print (75-100) and then I plan to try www.winkflash.com I am waiting until I have enough to print to really take advantage of the codes they offer. So even though I haven't personally used them yet a mom in my moms group swears by them and she also pointed out that it is great if you want to send photos to family because she just has them sent directly to the family member for the $.99 shipping.

I read on there website that they use Fuji paper and processing which is what all my other photos that I am happy with are printed on. HTH

Here is a link to a post in bargains that gets you up to 100 prints for $.06 a print and $.99 flat rate shipping. Additional prints would be at the regular price of $.12 a print. ($.12 is the cheapest I have found).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=82&topic_id=9906&mesg_id=9906&listing_type=search

pritchettzoo
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I only have 2 years' worth ;), but I'm planning to send a few to several places. I know I will see a print and think the color balance is perfect and someone else will think it's off. So I'm just going to pick the one I like best.

I just noticed that shutterfly.com gives an 8% rebate through ebates. They're not the cheapest I've seen though, but the prints I've seen are nice.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

saschalicks
08-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I've been using Winkflash and love them.

lukkykatt
08-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow, wow, wow! Thanks to the gals who recommended winkflash! What a great rate - I had never heard of them before.

August Mom
08-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I was your Winkflash ;) guinea pig! I had never heard of them but found those great codes, asked here and got a couple positive responses and then went for it and ordered 100 photos. They were very nice quality, I thought. Personally, from a print quality standpoint, I like them better than Shutterfly. Then, I used the other code to print another 100. Also, if your husband needs an account too, you can use the codes again on the other account. I got mostly glossy in the first order with a few matte finish thrown in and actually liked the matte better. My second order was all matte. But, that's personal preference of course.

The only downside is that the software to upload the photos is not nearly as nice as some of the other sites, IMO. And, it takes longer to add the captions. If you don't care about having captions, I might rename the photos you are uploading before you upload them. It will be faster & easier to do on your own computer than on the Winkflash site, primarily because you can only do 1 photo at a time (whereas you can open them all on Shutterfly and just scroll through them to change the names and captions). Also, you have to be brief in your captions at Winkflash. But, for the price it was worth it to me. It's hard to beat 100 prints for $6.99 shipped.

August Mom
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh. I forgot to mention that some of the other on-line places do offer a bulk discount. Shutterfly, for instance, gives you a lower per print price when you prepay for a certain number of photos. However, it's not nearly as cheap as Winkflash.

zuzu
08-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the Winkflash recommendations. I also have over a year's worth that I want to print out and (someday) get into an album.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

crayonblue
08-16-2005, 07:10 AM
I have two years worth (some from even before Lauren!). I really like Kodak. Much better than Shutterfly in my opinion. Thanks for the Winkflash tip. I think I will test them out first.

mattiew
08-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks for this post - not only do I need a good bulk print service but it was WONDERFUL to hear I'm not the only one with years worth of pictures just waiting to be printed : )

Carrie

Wife_and_mommy
08-16-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm with you. :) I'm the only IRL person I know who hasn't had prints made in just over a year! My shame has been diminished.... ;)

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogcrd20040405_4_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png
Our second morsel due early February 2006!

kristine_elen
08-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I've tried a bunch of the online places and Ritz is by far the best.

eb1
08-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been really pleased with Ritz's quality until my most recent print job (all the pictures were washed out, and some of these were ones they'd printed for me before and done a great job with), but I bet each processor messes up now and then. However, I'm not aware that Ritz has bulk rates; do they?

Dcclerk
08-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I have been so happy with Winkflash. It was a pain to upload, but the quality was fantastic, and I really, really like the option of having matte finish with borders. The only other "finish" that I like better is "sloppy borders," which I can only get from the local place that charges about 5 times the price. For the price difference, there is no question which way I head.

I had about 100 printed a few weeks ago for $.08 each and I couldn't have been more pleased. In fact, my SIL was wowed by the pics, and wants to start using them herself.