PDA

View Full Version : Fidelity Portfolio Services

pixelprincess
08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
anyone use them? I have always managed our finances (in a somewhat satisfactory fashion but not hugely profitable) but in the last couple years haven't been able to keep up with the market. I was thinking of using Fidelity's Portfolio Managers and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts about them?

TIA

ps. I hate losing money and more so having someone else lose it for me, lol.

steph2003
08-16-2005, 09:53 PM
My DH has all our portfolios (401K, 529, mutual funds) thru Fidelity - they have an agreement with his employer. We have gone in & met with an advisor a couple of times & they have always been helpful. I can't say I've really compared them to anywhere else though! This last time when I rolled over my work 401K the advisor was very helpful, followed up with a "plan" in an email for us to take a look at.

pixelprincess
08-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks much. The advisor did say they would send a plan in the mail. My hope is that we can at least break even with the management fees and our current interest earnings (not great.

kensjen
08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
We're in the same situation as Steph...Fidelity works with my DH's employer and we have a good deal on services. We have ben satisfied with everything they do, we receive many reports, calls about anything of importance...we just feel better with them doing it. Finance is not a strong subject for either of us, and we didn't feel comfortable handling it ourselves.

vdrake71
08-17-2005, 03:29 PM
FYI - Money Magazine has a great article on Fidelity and 2 other investment services this month.