PDA

View Full Version : moms of 6 year old boys (or 6ish) quick quetion about "pee"

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
We had R's school physical today and I kept thinking to ask the DR this and will probably call him, but thought maybe you ladies could shine some light on this for me.

When R announces he needs to use the bathroom (pee) there seems to be very little time between the announcement and him doing the pee pee dance and having to get to a bathroom.

I do remember their DR in shock that they never pee in their pants at night, it seems R might have once when we first got here. BUT when he announces he has to go you literally have to run run run!!!!

I'm worried how he is going to handle school with such short notice.

I wonder is he having to much fun to realize he needs to pee
or is this common at this age maybe not having a heads up to know when to go...

It has effected us often when out and about and he has only seconds to respond to his request.

bluej
08-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Neve, you were dead on when you wrote 'I wonder is he having to much fun to realize he needs to pee.' Boys do not like to stop playing to do such needless things as pee, poop, eat, sleep! I don't think he'll have a problem at school though b/c they usually have bathroom breaks (I'm not sure on the exact times but I think before lunch and after recess are common times) a few times throughout the day and teachers will highly encourage the kids to use the bathrooms at those times. It won't take R long to figure out that the bathroom breaks are at the same time each day and he can count on using them at those times. Good luck with the adjustment of sending your first off to school!

Calmegja2
08-16-2005, 05:18 PM
That's how it is for us, more often than not, and usually, it's because he (Jake, who's 7) hasn't wanted to interrupt his previous activity to go to the bathroom.

Drives me nuts, but it's pretty common.

He used to have to strip completely nude before he'd go to the bathroom (many, many funny stories from preschool with that kid), so I'm thankful our main issue right now is just waiting until the last possible second. ;-)

almostamom
08-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Neve,

My little guy is only 9 mos, so I can't comment on the reasons why. However, please make sure you tell his teacher about this. Yes, we always took bathroom breaks, but, as a teacher, it is something I would want to know about one of my students.

~Linda~
DS 11/04

AngelaS
08-17-2005, 06:21 AM
I think it's very common with little boys, and girls and um...me. I hate to stop what I'm doing just to PEE! LOL :D

g-mama
08-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Paolo is almost 5 and he is this same way. He always waits til the last minute! Really great when we're out somewhere - not. Last year he was in preschool 3 mornings a week from 9:30-1 and I can't tell you how many days he would start flipping out while we were getting in the car because he had to go pee so badly. I don't think that boy *ever* went to the bathroom in the classroom for fear that he might miss something!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a *THIRD BOY* coming in December '05

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
08-17-2005, 10:48 AM
I am so glad to hear this for I did worry if it would hurt him in school...
thank you for sharing!!!!