PDA

View Full Version : parents traveling with baby...need your advice!!

karolyp
08-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Getting ready for our overseas trip and was wondering if anybody had, and wanted to share, their baby's packing list. I just want to make sure that I don't forget anything!

Thanks!!!
Karoly

californiagirl
08-19-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm just putting ours together. DD is now 17 months, so we have way more toys and amusements than we needed when she was 6 months, but there's a lot of overlap anyway. I'll try to get it done and put a copy on our website (sick, I know, but it's way too long to put in a message).

mamalia
08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I stumbled upon some links that had travel lists. This site took me to those travel related baby links; links are located on the left hand side of the page near the bottom: http://www.babychic101.com/

But I think the one that looked most useful (I just skimmed it), was this one:
http://www.babygoes2.com/main_planit.asp

Have fun!
Malia

Lucia
08-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi Karoly,
We made our first trip overseas when our son was six months old. Here are few things that made that trip easier:

-my husband's palm pilot loaded with lullaby music that my son loved...this helped to soothe him and was something familiar for him

-finger puppets, clothe books (both lightweight and visually interesting for him)

-extra sets of clothing for you and the baby

-breastfeeding helped with taking off and landing..pressure changes, a pacifier would also do the same thing

-if you are traveling alone, arrange to get assistance at the gates

-more diapers and wipes than you think you might need..same for formula if you use that...you never know when you might get stranded and unable to get baby items

-warm blanket...airplanes are cold, especially for babies

-If you are not bringing your baby's carseat on board, then you might want to call the airlines and request a bassinet seat in the bulkhead..but be sure to check on the weight limits.

Hope that helps. In general, I have found that most airline staff and passengers are helpful when traveling with children...don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Have a great trip!