PDA

View Full Version : Need Gift Ideas for a 10 year old Girl

Bearhut
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

Your advice is always wonderful so here it goes. We have a wonderful family living across the street and DD loves the kids. The youngest is a 10 year old girl who adores DD and often brings over little toys that she is finished using. Some I've put away until DD is older, but most are great for now. Well, she just brought over a HUGE Playschool dollhouse with all the extras (car, furniture, jungle gym, tea set). It's all cleaned up and ready to play with; she actually scrubbed the doll house and all it's accessories with a toothbrush before she brought it over. So, I'm looking for a thank you gift to give to this very generous and sweet young lady. Any ideas? I'm looking to spend about $30 dollars (does that sound appropriate?)?

Thank you so much ............ Heather

AngelaS
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Target gift card. :D Or if she's into arts and crafts buy her all the messy stuff. :D

alexsmommy
08-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Target GC is a great idea. My stepdaughter was really into Claires (cheap jewelry store with kid bent) at that age. Let me think - she was just getting into music, loved having her "own" DVD's and would have used a Blockbuster gift card, all things SpongeBob, manicure stuff - one of her favorite gifts was a "real" manicure set with nailpolish in it. Sounds like she's sweet girl.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

Tondi G
08-19-2005, 03:49 PM
A gift card would be great.... she can pick out her own but maybe not quite that personal.

Ideas...
Manicure/pedicure set... with nail polish, hand/foot lotion etc.
lip gloss
Hair accesories (rubber bands, clips etc.)
Movie tickets or a gift card for rentals (Blockbuster) and a couple of packs of microwave popcorn!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

jbowman
08-19-2005, 03:51 PM
ITA with PP. A gift card would be great. I know that my niece (who just turned 10) wanted some things from the Limited Too for her birthday recently. There's another thought.