PDA

View Full Version : Just a random thank you to everyone on the Boards....

trumansmom
08-20-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm in a full blown counting my blessings mode, and wanted all of you folks to know how far up that list you rate!

This has been a really, really crappy year for me. I've been battling a pretty lonely depression. Becoming a SAHM has hit our family hard financially, as well as just being a big adjustment, and my marriage has been dragging through a fairly rocky place. And even though I haven't been posting about all the crap going on in my life, it has always been a comfort to me to know that I could if I felt I needed to, YKWIM? If nothing else, it's made me feel much less alone. And many times I've come to post about a problem only to find that someone else has posted the EXACT same thing minutes before, so I've been able to get the benefits of asking without having to ask.

Anyway, now that things are starting to come around (fingers crossed!)
I am just feeling very grateful for this community and wanted you to all know how much you are appreciated.

Thanks for being there even when you didn't know you were needed!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Rachels
08-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Hugs, mama. We all know that having babies is pretty unbelievably wonderful, but I don't think people prepare you that it will also put you through arguably one of the hardest times in your life. Some of the people here have seen me through that as well, and I simply can't imagine my life without them. I'm glad you've found the support you've needed here. Thinking of you...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

MarisaSF
08-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Jeanne- <<<HUGS>>> to you!
I'm glad you're here. Your support is so valuable to us, so I'm glad the BBB can be here for you!
Truly great thing you did with the recent ebay sale, BTW!!!
Sounds like you are getting the IRL help you need too. Way to go!
xoxo

barbarhow
08-20-2005, 06:34 AM
Big hugs to you Mama. So sorry to hear that things have been difficult for you but glad to know life is getting better. I agree-this is a prettyy wonderful place filled with smart, embracing and supportive people which certainly makes the dark days a little brighter. Glad to know that things are looking up. Hugs.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

nohomama
08-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh, Jeanne. I'm sorry this year has been so tough. I, for one, think this community is a better place for having you here, so I'm thankful that it's something that's provided you solace and that we haven't lost you as you've been experiencing this rough patch. I'm so glad things feel like they're starting to turn for you and your family and I hope that trend only continues.

Take care, lady, and remember I'm here in the Twin Cities whenever you're able to come. There are plenty of kid friendly places here for us to go and indulge in a cup of joe and some good conversation. I look forward to that happening someday.

Calmegja2
08-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh, big hugs to you, Jeanne. I'm always glad you're around here, and I'm sorry it's been rough. Here's to better days ahead...**clinks invisible glass**

mudder17
08-20-2005, 10:01 AM
{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}

Sorry it's been such a tough year for you! Becoming a SAHM is a huge adjustment, even with the rewards. I'm so glad you've been able to find support and love in these boards. The women (and men) here have been such an invaluable support and source of info for me and have definitely gotten me through tough times. I'm so glad you're around here and hope things will continue to look up for you!

Hugs!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

Roleysmom
08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Jeanne, I'm glad that things are looking up. These transitions -- babies, job changes, new stages in a marriage -- are really hard. I have always looked forward to your posts! You have made me laugh, nod my head in agreement and gain a better understanding of parenting. I hope things continue to get better.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

ismommy
08-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Jeanne,

I was just thinking the same thing. I havent been posting as much for lots of reasons but this board really is a wonderful place made so by people like you.
Hugs
Helene
mommy to Isabella
and Gunner
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

alkagift
08-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Big hugs to you Jeanne. I think many of us can relate to what you're saying--both the feeling of being down in a rocky, low place for a long while and the feeling that you can call on a terrific group of women if you needed to. I certainly understand.

I hope things continue on their upward slope for you and your DH!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

Are you TTC and want to share with BBB friends? Join us! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB_TTC/

laretce6
08-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Jeanne, I haven't been on the BBB much lately, but I'm glad I stopped in today and saw your post. I hope things continue to get better for you and that the coming months go well. Your posts always make me smile when I see you mention "your" Eleanor.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

psophia17
08-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I feel the same way about the BBB...just I suffer from DOM and post my problems as soon as they happen.

I love it here, and I'm glad you are part of "here," and that you feel the same way...

Three cheers for the BBB :)

mharling
08-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Jeanne -
I truly enjoy 'seeing' you here and am so glad you posted this. Big hugs and a cyber-toast to you!!!

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

jec2
08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hugs Jeanne. We love having you here too.

jbowman
08-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Jeanne,

I love reading your posts. I hope that things get better and better for you and your family!

houseof3boys
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Jeanne I am sorry to hear that the year has been a crappy one for you. I also find that there are so many posts that are along the same lines as what I have been thinking about too. Just goes to show you that so many of us go through the same stuff.

You are such a great member of this group and I wish you lots of sunshiney days ahead. :)

amp
08-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Back atcha Jeanne...you've been there for others when they needed it too. It's a wonderful thing to know you can count of people who don't even know how much they are needed and that you can find someone any hour of the day or night. That's very comforting and I am grateful for it too!

Glad things are looking up for you!

daisymommy
08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Hugs! So sorry to hear that it's been rough for you. Please don't ever hesitate to let us know that you need a shoulder to lean upon. We always feel as moms that we have to be strong for everybody and put on our happy face. But that's just not reality! it's the hardest job in the world to be a SAHM, and it sure can be isolating and lonely in many ways. It's so true that we have a great group of women here. I don't know what I would do without them. We're here for you!

trumansmom
08-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Honestly, this hadn't been intended to be a shameless plea for warm fuzzies, but BOY, it sure did feel good!

Thanks everyone! What an AMAZING community we are!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Sarah1
08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Jeanne...I'm glad things are getting better for you. Having toddlers and babies is absolutely exhausting and it doesn't leave much time for a relationship with one's spouse!

sidmand
08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Jeanne,

You have been a wonderful addition to these boards and it always makes me feel right at home when I see a post from you since you were one of the first posts I responded to!

I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough year, but I hope that things truly are on the upward swing now. And always feel free to come here for warm fuzzies!

Sorry for any typos--typing with kiddo onboard.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

hez
08-21-2005, 06:02 PM
A few more (((hugs)))

I spent this weekend with my grandmother. She just admitted that one day she got into the family RV and drove away and left her kids for a day (my mom was probably ~16 at the time, and my youngest aunt was ~6). Apparently being a SAHM 40 years ago wasn't much easier. We also were paging through old files (Grandma just downsized into an apartment) and it's amazing how well they were able to care for 5 kids on the piddly income my grandfather made (even when adjusted for inflation). Seems like the key was the love, which is still evident between the siblings, no matter how much they bicker.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

mamalou
08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Jeanne,

I haven't been around here (the BBB) in a long time for much of the same reasons you mentioned, but just wanted you to know I always related to and looked forward to your posts. And here you are again.

Hugs,
Lou (formerly doubleL)

COElizabeth
08-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Jeanne, I always love seeing you here and am glad that things seem to be looking up a bit for you. I hope the upward trend continues!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

smomom
08-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Jeanne,
I'm sorry this has been a tough year, but I am glad that it is getting better. I know that I truly enjoy the "friendship" of you and all other BBB members. It's nice to know that we are not alone. I hope things continue to look up for you. We love having you here!

ribbit1019
08-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I am glad things are turning around for you!

It is wonderful, this little community that we have. I feel so blessed that I happened upon these boards.

So you're welcome and thank you to you, and everyone else here!

Christy
Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Little Peanut due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/K8fum4/.png