PDA

View Full Version : JJill clothes

crl
08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm wondering how well JJill clothes hold up in your experience? Just got their new catalog and I'm considering some pieces. I was planning on Talbots, as I've had very good luck with their stuff holding up well, but the JJill stuff looks cuter to me this time around.

Thanks!

sarahsthreads
08-20-2005, 08:17 PM
I love my JJill clothes. I've been wearing a pair of their jeans at least 4 days a week (and washing them at least twice/week!) for the past 8 months and they look brand-new still. I've also bought several of their shirts, and aside from one developing a very small hole they also all look fantastic still. (I think the hole was from it catching on something, not from general wear.)

Have fun shopping!
Sarah :)

kensjen
08-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I love J Jill clothing! I have found everything to be made well and hold up to lots of washing, baby spit up, etc! I have a few items from several years ago that still look great. They have great casual stuff (which is mostly what I wear these days!) and nice stuff for work too.

I would say about half of my wardrobe these days is from J Jill. Look around for some coupon codes, it seems like they usually have one.

If you have a store in the area, you can return to the store, which is nice. (I know some stores don't let you do that.)

HTH!

jbowman
08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
I love J Jill clothes (and not just b/c my name is Jill, LOL!). I especially love their sweaters & their jewelry. I thought the fall catalogue looked really *kool*!

crl
08-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you all have had such good experiences. The new catalog is very tempting. I'll have to spend some "quality" time with it while DH takes DS to the park tomorrow!

alleyoop
08-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I am another J.Jill addict. This summer I bought a pair of tensil shorts, wore them once and washed them. It looked like there was a spot on the hip that might get a little hole after a couple washes and I was worried about it. I took them in and the salesperson didn't even bat an eye. She took them and got me a new pair without question. I like customer service like that. Esspecially when the tags aren't on, and they have been laundered and it wasn't even a hole yet. Everything else I have wears and fits great. Now, if only the stuff was cheaper.

pb&j
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I love their stuff! I have a skirt from there that I bought right before I found out I was pg last year, and it was the last piece of non-maternity stuff that I retired, and one of the first non-maternity items I wore on the way back down. With this pg, I also wore it all the way through my 1st tri (go elastic waist!!), and I swear it still looks brand new. I've also had some random tops and pants from them that I love, but haven't worn them as much.

-Paige,
mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

smilequeen
08-20-2005, 09:59 PM
I LOVE mine too. I have become an addict. I think I might be keeping them in business :)

tina-t
08-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Love the JJill clothes. These are so comfortable. I have some pieces from 4 years ago that still look good.

jennifer_r
08-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Love J Jill - great styling, durable clothes, and worth the money! You'll be happy with the purchases - but I find their clothes run big.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I actually did all my maternity shopping at J Jill, these clothes hold up and are so comfy.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

lisaE
08-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I love their clothes and used to wear them a lot when I worked outside the home. Just this week I renewed the love, because I went into their store and I actually fit into a smaller-sized jean than I usually wear. Their jeans are stretchy so I got to buy smaller. Now, I know that they are not *actually* smaller, I mean, my gut is still the same size. But at this point I take my happy moments (even if they are mixed with a helping of denial) when I can get them.

michlyn
08-23-2005, 11:12 PM
I have a few JJill pieces, and they have held up really well. I had a black skirt I wore throught my entire pregnancy. The stretchy waistbands are just really comfortable.

Rachels
08-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Ditto! I love their clothes. In my experience, some of their turtlenecks don't hold up very well-- I've had three or four that unravel at the neck or sleeves. But J. Jill is great about replacing them, even without receipts. If I've ever had trouble, I just walk in with the unraveling shirt and they give me a new one, no questions. But everything else I have had from there holds up perfectly.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

nd93
08-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if they ever put out free shipping codes? I'd love to get some things off the sale pages, but I don't want to pay shipping!

Also, in my experience I have found that prices at the store tend to be cheaper, sometimes much cheaper. I'm not sure why things would be marked down to one price in the store and another online, but I've seen it on several items. Sometimes just $5, but sometimes $20! Strange.

SummerBaby
08-24-2005, 09:38 AM
JJill has free shipping until 8/26 if you buy $150. The code is hb9128.

I love JJill. I have a pair of linen pants that I bought in 1998 that I still wear at least once a week. They're in great shape!

I've also found that things are cheaper in the store. Thankfully one is opening in my area in October. When I was at a store in June, though, the SA told me that you can do a phone order from the store and get the sale price. If they don't have your size/color, you can call online and they will honor the store's sale price.

HTH!

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04