PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia! Ugh!!

kensjen
08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
So it is 2:30 am, and I cannot get to sleep. I have this from time to time, and it seems to be worse when PG. I have totally cut out the caffeine lately, because I know it really gets to me. And I am tired, just can't sleep.

Anyone else have problems with this?

I am going to be hating life tomorrow, when Jonah wakes up bright and early! I think my problem tonight is just a lot of stuff on my mind...we are going out of town later this week, and I have lots to do. When I am in bed, I am making mental lists, packing our suitcases in my head, thinking of other things we may need, wondering if I stopped the mail, etc etc. I never sleep well when we have a trip coming up. And we also have our U/S this week, and I have been thinking a lot about that. So, like I said, just a lot on my mind.

Let's hope I fall asleep soon, and don't have this problem tomorrow.

jd11365
08-22-2005, 04:51 AM
I do the same thing. Usually I can stay in bed long enough to make the night count, like today, at 5:30 am. Anxiety is usually the reason. Doesn't have to be major, even little things worry me and wake me up in the middle of the night. It's quarter to 6 now, hopefully you're sleeping!

toomanystrollers
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Yes, I noticed the email I got from you was at 3am!!!!!

I had terrible insomnia with Neve. Maybe your having a girl? :)

jk3
08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I have always had sleep issues and pregnancy definitely exacerbated the situation. I can be overly exhausted yet unable to fall asleep. Ambien was a lifesaver. I took a third of a pill each night during my third trimester and it made a world of difference. Hope you get some rest!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jbowman
08-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Jen--I had insomnia last night as well! I almost got on the computer, but kept thinking, "I'll fall asleep eventually!"

I had terrible insomnia from the time I was a teenager until I had Ellie (I don't think that I slept from the age of 13 until 32. I joke that I found a very drastic way to cure my insomnia--I had a child! LOL!).

I don't drink caffeine, so I think my issue last night was anxiety (and the fact that I took a nap yesterday). We have prof. obligations at school this morning and I think I was dreading it (and more than that, dreading that I would have to find something "presentable" to wear five days this week AND wear make-up, LOL!).

Hope things get better!

Rachels
08-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Right there with you. I have terrible insommnia when I'm pregnant-- plus all the aches seem to come home to roost in the nighttime hours. I'm exhausted.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

cvharris
08-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Same thing here - I'm exhausted but can't get to sleep. :( I just came down with a cold and I'm sure lack of sleep was the primary cause.

We'll have to have some late night chats!

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
It's a BOY! Baby brother due 12/18/05

mamaharsh
08-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I have the same problem when I'm pregnant. Thankfully Nate has started sleeping in, so when I finally fall asleep around 6am, I get a couple of hours some days.

It was definitely worse for me during the second trimester. I seem to be sleeping a bit better again now.

Sending sleepy vibes your way.

g-mama
08-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Insomnia is the worst. I have it terribly when I'm pregnant, usually in the first and third trimesters. Lately, I've been having a hard time falling asleep but have been staying asleep. I take one Tylenol PM 2-3 nights a week if I want to make sure I get a good night's sleep after a particularly bad one.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a *THIRD BOY* coming in December '05