PDA

View Full Version : Rhinoceros Tap for first birthday gift???

babystuffbuff
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I posted this in Around the House, but I have a feeling it will get more responses here! For my nephew's first birthday in a few weeks, I was thinking of getting him the Rhinoceros Tap book and CD by Sandra Boynton (and maybe throwing in her new Belly Button Book just for fun!). I love all her books and frequently give them as gifts. I know his mom and dad would get a kick out of the silly songs and so would his big sister (3 1/2). BUT it's not any of their birthdays (okay, it IS his mom's birthday the same day, but I'll get her something else!). Right now my nephew's favorite thing to do is RUN RUN RUN everywhere, so would that be an appropriate gift for a kiddo who so rarely sits still? They have so many toys at their house already and I don't want to add to the clutter. Plus, I don't think you can go wrong when you give a book to a child. :)

TIA,

Sarah

mudder17
08-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, I agree it depends on the child, because for some children, it would be perfect for their first birthday. However, I really do think this is a gift that he can grow into, especially because he loves to move his little body all over the place. The songs might grab his attention and eventually get him to dance. And yes, I don't think you can go wrong giving books to a child. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

SweetTooth
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
I think that would be a great gift! I don't have Rhinoceros Tap, but I've seen it in the store. I'd love it as a 1st bday present for my DS. And yes, books are always a good gift, IMO.

s7714
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I think it'd be fine for a 1st birthday gift. Even if he doesn't 'get into' the music, his mom and dad can still read the book to him and eventually he'll discover the music too. I haven't gotten Rhinoceros Tap yet, but my DH loves Philadelphia Chickens, so I'm planning on getting soon.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

erosenst
08-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Abby got Philadelphia Chickens for her first birthday, and loves it. I may be the wrong one to ask, since I think books and music are already appropriate. Also - it's now VERY cute when she brings me her Snuggle Puppy book when that song comes on!

kaylinsmommy2
08-22-2005, 03:43 PM
I bought the Philidelphia Chickens CD for DD for her first birthday, too. She LOVES the songs. She dances when I put them on, and something about the music makes her happy (she likes to listen to adult music, too, but isn't as excited about it as this CD). She also knows when a couple of the songs are nearing the end, and she'll clap. :) I totally think that books and music are appropriate for 1 year olds.
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

Thatchermom
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Either of Sandra Boynton's music books/cds would be appropriate, but we like Philly Chicks more. The Rhino cd sounds more "all the same" and didn't hold DS's attention as much when he was small. Philly has lots of different voices and helped him to reconnect with each new song. Great gift!