PDA

View Full Version : IS there away to get musty smell out of this organ (furniture)

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
So we got this organ...and have to say that once I saw Lori's post reminding me of how I can't stand musical toys I really started to regret buying it before thinking :)...

but have to say I am LOVING this thing to see how much the boys are enjoying it. And to hate loud plastic musical toy contraptions I don't mind this noise in the least actually- so gladly suprised.

Anyway my nose is very sensitive...and the smell of mustyness is bugging me...am I poop out of luck or can I do something to get rid of the smell????

Thanks in advance!!!!

kensjen
08-23-2005, 07:44 PM
I would think the best thing to do is air it out....maybe leave it outside for the day or or the porch...somewhere that it can naturally air out. Is it from the cloth covering the "speakers" or whatever you call them...?? Hopefully it isn't an issue with mold or anything...like if it had gotten wet or something...I wouldn't know what to do in that situation. I know we had a few items (they were mostly cloth, not like an organ) that had a musty smell and sitting them out in the garage for a few days helped a lot.

I wouldn't want to use a bunch of chemicals, and just cover up the smell, ya know?

brigmaman
08-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Neve, you are such a fun mom. I have only been skimming BBB these days and a few days ago saw your post about possibly getting an organ. Brig plays with my uncle's organ and loves it. Actually it used to be in my grandparent's house and I have fond memories of playing around on it with my siblings. Anywho...I am chuckling about you actually getting it!