PDA

View Full Version : Baby Expo at Scripps Hospital in San Diego?

duesept05
08-30-2005, 10:22 AM
I heard there was another baby expo coming up at Scripps Hospital in San Diego. I missed the last one and would like to attend this year.

Does anyone know when the next one is?

MarisaSF
08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Never heard of it, but we're going to a new ped at Scripps on Thursday. I'll let you know if I see any flyers in the office about it.

Vajrastorm
08-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Do you mean the big swap meet? If so I can lok up the date for you. We sold baby stuff at the last one.

kaylinsmommy2
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I've gone to the swap meet 3 times now - it's GREAT! I've never bought anything big, usually small used toys and a couple outfits for $2 or so. My friends have bought a co sleeper, a glider and a crib. Last time, I really wanted one of those big climber/slides. But we have a small car. :) They also have strollers, tons of clothes, etc.

There's a line starting 30 min before it opens, BUT they jsut let everyone in really fast, so I've never waited in line. You can also find out how to be a volunteer (email: [email protected]) and get in for free, plus some sort of discount or some way to see the items early. A lot of the good things get purchased early.

Here's the info:
The next Swap Meet is September 18, 9 am until 1pm. It will be held at Scripps Memorial Hospital at 9888 Genesee Ave (Parking Lot. Admission is $1 per person but free for children under 12 years.

Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

duesept05
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I am due 9/15 but maybe the baby will be late and I can make it :)

MarisaSF
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Ah, yes the famous swap meet! I'll see all you bargain-hunting mamas there!

I thought at first you meant an expo where they hand out health info or something.