PDA

View Full Version : Post-partum hair loss - how can I cope?

kelly ann
08-30-2005, 09:31 PM
The week I returned to work I started losing my hair - same as with DS. I can't believe all of the hair that falls out each morning. I am in meetings during the day with pieces falling out right on my face :(

Any ideas to spruce up the hair or give it more volume? I have pretty fine hair that is cut in a bob. Probably getting more frequent hair cuts at this time will help.

beckyr88
08-30-2005, 10:16 PM
You don't want to know how I coped....I chopped it all! All that hair in the drain (and everywhere else) grossed me out so bad, I got a pixie cut!!

Good luck, I think it was one of the most annoying "side effects" of pregnancy!! It's gotta stop sometime.

Sillygirl
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
I have fine hair as well, and it really doesn't look good cut too short. I just had to spend extra time applying volumizing mousse to my roots and blowdrying while bending over. I've liked the Pantene mousse I got. And a big round hairbrush is also helpful. The hair loss will stop eventually, but be careful! Some of the ones that have grown back are gray.

momma_boo
08-31-2005, 08:32 AM
No ideas, but it's getting ridiculous. Between the dog hair (from our lab) and my constant shedding, the vacuum is working hard!