PDA

View Full Version : Dreams during pregnancy...what was your strangest?

pb&j
08-31-2005, 07:38 AM
So yesterday, I frantically emailed a friend because of the strange dreams I've been having while pg. Namely, that my son will be blond. Silly, yes, but DH and I both have dark brown hair, and I don't believe there's ever been a blond baby in my family (not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)). Anyway, my friend said she had plenty of baby-dreams during pg, and that it was totally normal.

So, I thought it would be fun to see what strange baby dreams you all had during pg, or what "premonition" dreams you had that turned out to be true or not.

This pg, I've had many baby dreams, and Max is blond in all of them (eek). The nicest one I've had was that I was in the delivery room, and he'd just been born, and was crying and flailing, and the minute he saw me, he just looked into my eyes and was totally calm. That was a fantastic dream - I think I had it very soon after I found out I was pg.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

hez
08-31-2005, 07:46 AM
I love your crying - calm dream. That's fantastic :)

Lots of my dreams have been about sex (there, I've admitted it!). I had one two nights ago that I was miscarrying, and that one really upset me. I much prefer the other dreams to that one!

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
08-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Good question for I know my preggo dreams were full of color and vibrant!!!

but mine was when I dreamed I heard a noise and went to my bedroom door and on the other side of our fairway (we are on a gold course) there were all these men in green overalls and they were heavy very big, burly and heavy with pitch forks and torches. It was a scarey dream.

the same night I said to Steve (in my sleep and in his), but I did wake up enough to say "get your gun someone is in the house"...he was like "ughhhh" and I really had the fear of someone being in the house. So he is up and wandering around the house looking for the boogie man while three almost 100 lbs dogs are sound asleep at our feet!!!!!! In otherwords clearly no boogie man in sight, or deaf dogs...

amp
08-31-2005, 10:17 AM
My dreams are all over the place! I've dreamed about rock stars and famous people that I'm suddenly "friends with". Last pg I was hanging out w/ Jon Bon Jovi and Johnny from the Goo Goo Dolls.

This pg it's an old boyfriend who keeps popping up.

But I also have some scary and disturbing dreams about death or pain. It's unnerving, but I know that pregnancy is a time of weird dreaming, so I try to forget it and move on.

Last night I dreamed that Jacob spent his first night in his big boy bed. I know it's coming soon, and I hope it goes smoothly!

JBaxter
08-31-2005, 10:43 AM
When I was preggo with Nathan I shook DH awake to tell him to look at the ants crawling up the corner of the wall and he needed to spray but wait until I went to go pee. He couldnt understand what I was talking about until he relized I was still asleep. I remember as vividly as yesterday this HUGE colony of ants crawling up the wall and across the celing. Like in the Mummy movie with the scarobs! REALLY strange.
Jeana

MarisaSF
08-31-2005, 10:53 AM
What an odd "friend" you have. :)

Well, as I said, my most memorable one was where I saw a baby girl and asked if she was my baby. She said yes. I asked, "Is your name ----?" I listed several names we were considering and she didn't respond. Finally I said, "Is your name Jasmine?" She made a gesture to signal "Yes!" and she looked so happy. So that's what we named her.

Gotta believe in the power of dreams!

brittone2
08-31-2005, 11:26 AM
I rarely remember my dreams, but in pregnancy I did have some vivid ones.

We went through IF to conceive DS. Multiple rounds of clomid that never made me ovulate, and a cancelled injectables cycle because I was hyperstimming. I had no hope that I'd get pg from our first full (non cancelled) injectables cycle.

I was temping in the 2ww about every other day but didn't see a temp shift and didn't hold out much hope. Plus, I didn't know how accurate/inaccurate it would be with meds in my system. My temp wasn't really climbing.

At 12 days after our IUI, I had a very vivid dream I got a BFP right before I woke up for the day. (I was planning on testing that morning). I woke up so happy because this dream seemed so *REAL* and then felt crushed when I realized it was a dream. It was sad to know it was just a dream. I can't even explain...the dream was so real, and it was the ONLY time in almost a year of TTC that I dreamt about being pregnant.

I temped, and noticed my temp had jumped. I didn't tell DH because I didn't want his hopes up, and I wanted to wait to test (using first morning urine) until after he left so he wouldn't be stuck with me blubbering when he had to get to work. My heart was starting to pound with a smidge of hope. DH almost always asked my temps in the morning and didn't that morning. I told him I wanted to test alone.

Peed on a stick, which I had upside down (First Response Early Response) and couldn't figure out why there was no control line LOL. I was annoyed. (I had no reason to test for months and months because I knew I wasn't ovulating). Flipped the stick, there were two lines, and that was the beginning of Logan.

My one and only dream about actually getting pregnant in almost a year of TTC was definitely a premonition. Weird.

saschalicks
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Heather,
Thank you for admitting it b/c I have great sex dreams all of the time. Thankfully 99% of them include my DH. I constantly tell him how great he was last night. He's just disappointed that he doesn't get to enjoy them as much as I do.

jerseygirl07067
08-31-2005, 01:24 PM
<<This pg it's an old boyfriend who keeps popping up. >>

Yes, I had recurrent dreams about the same thing! It really shocked me, as this guy was some fleeting guy I was attracted to (and later hooked up with only a few times) in high school. He was one of those bad boy rebel types. And I dreamed about him at least 5 times during this most recent pregnancy. Funny thing was, I have not thought about him in over 10 years.

Analyzing this dream, it's probably my way of trying to relive or recapture those crazy, carefree, spontaneous days....Life is much different now :).

Marcy

amp
08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
>Analyzing this dream, it's probably my way of trying to relive
>or recapture those crazy, carefree, spontaneous days....Life
>is much different now :).

I completely agree! This guy was someone I knew over a much longer term, but I still think it represents the same thing!

mudder17
08-31-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't remember all the details, but two of my strangest had to do with delivering the baby. One of them was when DH and I were on the MARC train (in the dream, not IRL) and I was walking around and people were commenting about the pregnancy and then suddenly, people could see the baby through my stomach (skin became see-through) and suddenly the baby was in my arms. Then DH and I were running through the train trying to get ahold of someone in charge so they could get us to the ER to make sure everything was okay.

I don't remember the other one now, but it was also a strange delivery dream.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif , 18 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

mariza
08-31-2005, 06:55 PM
LOL Marisa, I had the same thing happen to me! At the time I had this dream we did not know the gender of the baby (DH did not want to find out) We had one boy name picked out and 3 girls names but could not decide which girl name. One night I dreamt that there was a bad storm, everything in the dream was crazy and blowing around, but I labored very easily and I quickly gave birth to a baby girl. In the dream we named her Grace as if there was no other name meant for her.
Funny thing is the next day DH says to me "I've been thinking, and I really like the name Grace for a little girl" I told him good because Grace was on her way :)
For months he was convinced I found out the baby's gender behind his back, but I never did. I just "knew" from my dream and now Grace is almost 8 months old!
BTW IRL I felt like my labor was easy (I took the pain-med road), but evidently I was very close to a C-section and did not realize it until later. DD was face up in my pelvis, but we got her turned around, I guess that was the "stormy" part of my dream.

VClute
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
I had FANTASTIC sex dreams when I was pregnant. Most were about fairly normal people, but very late in pregnancy I had a very vivid dream about RODNEY DANGERFIELD! He was wearing blue old-man pajamas and everything! I woke up and laughed out loud about that one!

mommy_someday
08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
I have really, really vivid, detailed and STRANGE dreams on a regular basis. I generally start the day by telling DH, "I had the craziest dream last night!" His response is something along the lines of, "No! You? Really?"

I won't tell you THE strangest one I had during pg because it's way too long and detailed (and you'll all really think I'm crazy!). But one I remember well is this:

DH and I took Luke to WDW (neither of us has been IRL) when he was just a few weeks old. We were walking around an upper floor of some hospital (ON WDW grounds!) and Luke started gasping for air. A female doc came to our aid in the hallway. After a few terrifying moments, Luke coughed up a whole bunch of orange strings. The doc said that she would have to turn him over to CPS because we had *obviously* given him dog toys instead of baby toys to play with. I tried so hard to tell her that the rope toy he had WAS a baby toy - I had found it at Target - but she wouldn't believe me and they took my baby away!

That was one of those dreams where I woke up sobbing. Remembering it still makes my chest tighten...

SuenosDelMar
08-31-2005, 11:55 PM
Early in my pregnancy I dreamed I was in some sequence from a TV show like Alias running around my apartment trying to get out or avoid a gunman or something and I was carrying the baby holding him outwards way in front of me like I didn't know how to carry a baby (which was true at that point). The important part of the dream was that he was naked and had his "male parts" bobbing out in front of him. From that point on, I knew we were having a boy. Add that to the basketball way I carried and everyone telling us it had to be a boy. Well so much for dream premonitions and old wives tales cause it was a girl!

Later in that pregnancy I dreamed I was in this huge warehouse of a Toys R Us - I mean it was bigger than any costco. There were bleachers where I was supposed to be sitting, but instead I was up on top of these 100 foot shelves and unable to get down. However, as luck would have it, a very tall version of Geoffrey the Giraffe was there trying to help me get down. :)

Marcy_O
09-01-2005, 09:12 AM
LOL I had a dream that I was at work, I called home to my three sons who were on summer leave. They were 16, 11 and 6. I spoke to the eldest and asked what he was doing. He said "painting the house." I had a mental image of all three of my boys and my house covered with paint, I asked calmly, "why are you painting the house?"..."Because Dad told us to." Paniked, I said "STOP what you're doing RIGHT NOW..." and then I woke up. LOL it was THE silliest dream ever, but perhaps it was a premonition of things to come?

Great thread!