PDA

View Full Version : Question about BBB Swap (not sure if this is the right place...)

kep
08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
I would like to sell some CD's on Swap, but I'm a little slow with Paypal. I have an account and have paid with it before (via credit card), but I've never received a payment for anything. What is the best way to receive payment for things on swap? Do you say you will hold the items until the check clears, or is there an easier way? I read something about fees for credit card payments on Paypal, but is there a fee for receiving payments from funded accounts, and how does that work if *I* don't have a funded account? Please help this confused mama!

Thanks,
Kell
Mommy to my beautiful little boy, Luke (April 2003)

Completely obsessed with strollers, carseats, slings, basically all baby gear...

Momof3Labs
08-31-2005, 05:40 PM
You have a personal account, right? If so, you cannot accept credit card payments but can accept all other forms of Paypal payments. If you upgrade to a premier account, you incur fees on all payments but can accept credit cards, too.

Most people on swap don't send checks, I don't think (or want to deal with running to the bank to deposit them), but maybe I'm wrong. Paypal is pretty popular, including non-credit card Paypal.

kep
08-31-2005, 05:48 PM
This may sound stupid, but how do you actually GET the money after the sale? I want to sell AIO cd's, and want to use the money from those to fund the other dipes I want. (From WAHM's who also accept Paypal). Am I able to just leave the money in my Paypal account until I need it? Sorry if this is really basic, I've just never really *gotten* all the in's and out's of it. :) And, YES, I do have a personal account. Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Completely obsessed with strollers, carseats, slings, basically all baby gear...

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
I swear I do not know anything about paypal...
had to play around with it about two weeks ago to even figure out to pay for something I bid on on EBAY while hubby was out of town...I figured it out!!!! But I still don't know what happens when folks pay me and all (mind you Steve sells I don't know how to do that). I need to learn for I have stuff I want to sell and he is always gone lately.

I was looking at buying diapers from someone the otherday and they said I needed "funded paypal" and honestly I don't know if ours is funded and if it is not what it is...

HMMMM sounds like "of couse I have money I still have checks!!!!"

:)

kristenk
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
The money can just stay in your paypal account if that's what you want. Then, when you go to paypal and look at your account, it will have a $ balance that you have there. You can use that to pay anyone you'd like who accepts paypal, and that would be funded paypal. Also, if your paypal account is tied to your bank account, you can send "funded paypal" if you specify that you're sending the money from your account instead of a credit card.

(Of course, I'm not sure how to get money OUT of a paypal account, but with all the paypal-related shopping I've been doing, that's really not too much of an issue for me!:P

kep
08-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks! One more question, so on a personal paypal account, I can receive payments from other people? :)

Kelli

kristenk
08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes, you can. Personal paypal accounts can receive funded paypal payments. You have to upgrade to be allowed to receive credit card payments and then paypal starts taking a fee out of every transaction (whether credit card or not). Sounds like you're set!

slknight
08-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Getting it out is quite simple. When you're in your Paypal account, just click the spot that says "Withdraw." You're given a bunch of options. Since my paypal account is tied to my bank account, I just choose "Transfer funds to your bank account." It's simple, free, and just takes a few days. It's just like switching money between bank accounts.

american_mama
09-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Funded paypal means electronically transferring money to the seller, no credit cards involved. This is free to both the seller AND buyer, which is why so many people prefer to use it. On paypal, this option is listed as "direct trasnfer," I think. To use it, you have to link your bank account to your paypal account, or you have to fund your paypal account with some money.

I usually only buy with paypal, so my "funded paypal" usually comes from my bank account. But if you have some money in your paypal account, then the payment will come from that.

I love funded paypal. It is equally easy for me to pay with it, plus it means I can bid on any auction, buy any swap purchase, do any BBB payment thing that comes up (like for the retreat).