PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ebay seller- worth my time to dispute or should I just leave neg feedback?

cdlamis
09-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I bought a used crib music/noise machine on Ebay. The item was described as "brand new condition" but arrived very sticky and it doesn't even work! It looked like a battery had leaked or exploded in the battery compartment. It was only $4 but the shipping was $12 (seller charges very high shipping). The only reason I want to dispute is for the bad business ethics this seller has- she has very bad feedback but for some reason I didn't notice this until after the sale. I am ticked at being taken.

I contacted the seller who says that the machine was in new condition and that it worked before she shipped it. She said she would not refund my money.

Do I dispute with Ebay or Paypal or should I let it go all together? I f I can only get my $4 back, then I will let it go but I would like to get the shipping cost as well since that is how she made her money on this sale. Can you get shipping costs refunded? WWYD?

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

Jenn98
09-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Depending on how sleep deprived I was I bet I would protest. (I'm not a big Ebay person, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.) But your item was not as described. I would leave negative feedback and complain to Ebay. For me it would be a lot less about the $4 and a lot more about ethics and principles.

just my .02

jenn

bcky2
09-05-2005, 10:56 AM
i dont know if you would get shipping back but for me at this point it would not be about the money. i would email her ane give her one more chance to fix the situation and let her know if she doesnt that you are going to report it to paypal/ebay (whoever will listen and maybe get you a few $ back ;) ) and leave neg feedback.

JMarie
09-05-2005, 11:26 AM
If you paid with CC-funded Paypal, call your CC company as well. If Paypal doesn't get you all of your money back, your CC company can.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03