PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for DD's future twin bed and guest queen bed.

hellosmiletoday
09-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi.

We need to purchase a queen bed under $700 (not too firm, not too soft). From my research, many people recommend a latex mattress, but they are too expensive and you cant test them IRL. I'm trying to decide whether to get a pillowtop or just a plush mattress. I've heard some bad reviews about the current one-sided pillowtops, although DH and I have a 6 yr old 2-sided Sterns and foster that we've been pleased with.

To save on shipping, we are going to go ahead and get a twin for DD's future bed. Budget is not so much a concern for her bed...but which one -- pillowtop, regular, latex. Are there good mattress pads that prevent leakage for twin beds, or should I just buy an inexpensive mattress for the first few years (i.e. from costco).

Has anyone ever purchased beds from original mattress factory? They make an 8 inch boxspring which would be perfect for the bed skirt. Simmons, Sealy etc now only make 9 inch box springs which are too tall.
\Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

amp
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
You can buy waterproof mattress pads all over the place....Land's End, LL Bean, Bed Bath and Beyond, JC Penney, etc.