PDA

View Full Version : lots of corn chips?

darby24
09-09-2005, 12:32 AM
I have a couple open bags left from my sister's birthday party. No clue what to do with them though.

Any suggestions?

psophia17
09-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Grind them up, store in an airtight container, and use them as you would use breadcrumbs. The two that come to mind fastest are as a topping for macaroni and cheese and as breading for oven-fried chicken, but I'm sure there are a million ways to use corn chip crumbs...yummy :)

August Mom
09-09-2005, 03:52 AM
This recipe is really good and a creative use of corn chips. :)

Mexican Fiesta

1 pound ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent
2 tablespoons sugar
1 bag Fritos Scoops
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 cups lettuce, torn
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1 cup guacamole
1/2 cup olives, sliced

1. Brown ground beef and onion in a 4-quart saucepan over moderately high heat. Drain and fine ground beef to remove large clumps and return to saucepan.

2. Add onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, Accent and sugar to ground beef. Stir well. Cover and simmer over medium heat 30 minutes or until thick. Stir occasionally.

3. Pour meat sauce over individual plates of Fritos. Top with your favorite assortment of the remaining ingredients.

s_gosney
09-09-2005, 08:29 AM
There's always frito chili pie!

DebbieJ
09-09-2005, 08:45 AM
You could transfer them to Ziploc bags to store them.

Get some fresh tomatoes from a farmstand and make salsa. Yum! It's as easy as cutting up the tomatoes and adding an envelope of salsa seasoning mix (found next to the taco mix envelopes).

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

darby24
09-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry I'm late bringing this back up. Just been taking care of my nephews for 3 days (parents went away for birthday celebrations!)

Thanks for all the great ideas, I've got that yummy sounding recipe stored now. :9

Have to be honest, I've never heard of Frito chilli pie. Sounds intriguing, I'll have to google it. :)