PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: How to transition DS from our bed to a separate bed

asha
09-13-2005, 04:42 PM
DS is turning 2 in November. We have been cosleeping for a while now. Of late, it is getting really hard to get any sleep this way. DS is a very active kid, even while sleeping. As a result DH now has a back sprain and cannot even stand straight. Both of us are having back aches and stuff every so often. I think it is time to move him to a separate bed.

DS does not watch TV. So, he is not interested in any characters on tv. He is not into trains or trucks or any such thing. Yeah he plays with them, but not crazy abt anything, IYKWIM. I dont see how I can get him excited about a new big boy bed. There is no theme that I can pick to get him excited.

We have tried getting him to sleep on the guest bed. He sleeps ok, but wakes up around 2-3 am and starts crying till we get him.
I personally dont like to let him CIO and he is probably too old for that anyways.

Looking for some tips from moms that have been there and done that. How did you transition your DC to his own room?