PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls -- Tell me what happened!

miki
09-14-2005, 07:38 AM
I thought I set the VCR to tape it as the first half of the show coincides with getting DD ready for bed. But unbeknownst to me, somehow our ancient VCR does not receive that particular channel. All the other channels are fine, but not the WB. So disappointed when I tried watching later in the evening only to find static, lots of static!

Help me. Too impatient to wait for Television Without Pity. TIA

searchdog
09-14-2005, 07:55 AM
I have it on our Tivo, if you really want to see it I could put it on a tape and send it to you.
Here is a summary I found on another message board.

It starts out the night of the moment it left off last season finale. Of coarse, Luke says "YES!" Which Lorelai can't even believe. both are shocked over it and one of them decides they should celebrate. Luke has no Champane or "booze" so lorelai says she has an idea and they walk out of the diner. Meanwhile Taylor is distraught over the race, saying it's taking entirely too long to finish. Then he spots Luke and Lorelai who are wanting to get into taylor's grocery store, but it is apparantly closed. Taylor walks over to them, finds out about the engagement, and it acctually quite thrilled for them. He gets them some alcohol and they leave. It shows them later in bed, apparantly done with..er... yeah and Lorelai looks drunk lol and Luke tells her about how he wanted kids and thats why he said "what about the kids?" in a previous episode. He said there was no rush with kids and that they didnt really have to have any but Lorelai cuts him off and says "kids would be nice". He also tells her about how he bought the twickum house but that he decided not to and backed out of it. She then tells him she wants to be apart of that type of thing and thats that. Later, in a scene at the pool house, Emily comes to wake up rory. Rory and her gradndfather consult with his lawyer about their options and what will happen. The lawyer -assumes- everything will be alright and he leaves. Emily is also in the process of redecorating the pool house for rory, and paris comes by, wanting rory to move in with her and doyle, which is when rory tells her she isnt going to yale. Of coarse she freaks out and goes to see Lorelai (who is getting ready to go on a date with Luke, who is downstairs bored ) Lorelai calms her down and says if she needs to talk to someone, just to call her on her cell. Logan meets rory to take her to dinner, but instead he throws her a "felon" party where all of Logans friends like Colin and Finn are there. There isnt much shown of the party, only colin and Finn telling rediculous stories, as usual. Luke asks lorelai why she is ok with Rory doing this and she says she is fine and that rory is a grown woman and needs to make mistakes. Rory goes to her court date and sees a judge, who says she doesnt care about how "rich" someone is and she gives Rory 300 hrs of community service to be done in 6 months time. Richard of coarse goes balistic and says he is going to sue the lawyer blah blah. Oh and Babette was making a big deal out of Lorelai proposing but it wasnt a huge thing like I thought it would have been. Luke didnt seem THAT embarrassed but oh well. At the end of the night, lorelai is upset about rory leaving (even though she tried to act like it didnt bother her in front of luke.) and sits on rorys bed and crys. Then in the backgroud you can hear Luke open the front door and say something and Lorelai walks into the other room and the show is over.

cmdunn1972
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Well.... Lorelai proposed and Luke accepted. :) Immediately following that, they two rushed off to look for a sparkling beverage to celebrate with. They convince Taylor to open up his shop, but the only thing they can find is a champagne for $5.99 and a case of Zima. Lorelai insists on the Zima, much to Luke's chagrin, who calls it 'chick beer'. They now appear to be living together at Lorelai's house. In bed that night he sprung on a sleepy Lorelai that he bought a new house, a huge victorian in the middle of town, which Lorelai subsequently told him to back out of since he didn't consult her first. Luke spent nearly the entire rest of the episode trying to buy a ring off of Kirk. (Kirk has a side business where he obtains heirloom rings off of dying widows. :o )

Paris was flipping out because Rory is taking time off from Yale. (She says she's quitting, but the grandparents insist that she's just taking time off.)

Rory's now living in the grandparent's pool house (the one that her grandpa stayed in while they were 'separated'). Rory appears to want to turn into a slouch. She wants to sleep in and tells her b/f at a party that she wants to become a bigger slouch than he is.

Grandpa set up a meeting with a lawyer who is a family friend to take care of the matter with the boat, and the lawyer insisted that she would get 10 hours community service at the most.

Meanwhile, Lorelai is distancing herself from Rory's mess and her Grandparents, who she believes are coddling Rory and treating Rory like a 'new and improved Lorelai'. She does not attend Rory's court session, where she got not 10 but 300 hours community service plus probation after a guity plea (a fact that Grandpa is irate about).

As of the end of the episode, Rory still does not know about her mother's engagement and the two are still not talking. Lorelai appears very lonely and visibly upset since she is isolated from everyone in her famiy, even though she still has Luke.