PDA

View Full Version : LOST fans - what did you think?.....

ilovetivo
09-22-2005, 04:38 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOST. I was so shocked w/ the ending, but assumed something would happen like that. Anyone know what Walt said?

new_mommy25
09-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I loved it!! What is that Austrailian guy doing down the hatch? What a strange coincidence. I didn't catch what Walt said either. I did tape it for DH so I'll probably give it another go around tonight.

mommy_someday
09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
No idea why Desmond is down in the hatch, but DH totally called it. We didn't catch what Walt said, but DH and I both think that maybe we weren't supposed to understand it...? He!! of a season premier, huh? :) Can't wait for next week!

ilovetivo
09-22-2005, 07:19 PM
I found a wave file of Walt

http://lost.cubit.net/audio/walt_audio.wav

sounds to me like "where's the button. no, button's bad"

you think the "execute" computer button's the same one? the one jack almost pressed and locke stopped him? maybe it's a plane or boat or something in the area and desmond (is that his name?) does something to it

saschalicks
09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Don't know what Walt said, but did anyone else catch that when Desmond left Jack at the arena his last line to him was "see you in another life." That really creaped me out when I realized he was the one with the gun. I taped it and I am SSSOOOO watching it again.

Raidra
09-22-2005, 07:38 PM
We recorded it and I'll definitely be watching it again.. it was a great episode and I'm SO glad it's finally back on.

Did anyone notice that while Desmond had a really old bike, blender, computer, record player, etc.. he had a brand new washer and dryer? Where did they come from? I have a hard time believing it was a goof-up..

s7714
09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I finished watching it this morning. Then of course deleted it out of habit from TIVO. Now I'm wishing I kept it so I could rewatch parts.

When Jack and Desmond were in the stadium, did Desmond say what he did (as in job) after the part where he said he almost became a doctor? I can't remember.

I assumed there'd be someone living down there, but I really didn't expect it to be a person Jack had met previously. Guess I assumed it would be someone none of the passengers knew.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

jesseandgrace
09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I also think the guy who died in that crash where he saved the woman had the same last name as someone - Shannon, is that her name? I read that at least. I was distracted with dd still awake, so I missed parts here and there.

Yikes, I just listed to that post above with Walt, and it was creepy to even here it on there. It must be that button.

tarahsolazy
09-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Super creepy, in a good way. I started watching, then paused it and waited to watch with DH later, so creepy. Freaky dripping Walt in the jungle.

I don't believe that Desmond ever told Jack in the past what he did, he just said he was training for a race around the world.

I still don't get why it was SO URGENT to get the hatch open to hide everyone from the others, but suddenly, no one cares anymore. Suddenly, oh yeah, I guess the Others are just hallucinations of the French chick.

I'm scared for all the folks at the caves, moreso than Jack,Kate,and Locke.

Globetrotter
09-22-2005, 09:13 PM
When they showed the shot of the "apartment" with all the appliances, I thought for SURE that it was a GE or PG&E commercial, or something! Seriously! Then it got really long, so I finally realized it was the show!! Sorry, I'm slow :)

Kris

amp
09-23-2005, 09:44 AM
DH also mentioned that some part of the hole (pipes or a generator or something, I don't remember) was new too and wondered if it could possibly be a mistake when the producers/writers have always said EVERYTHING means something!

amp
09-23-2005, 09:47 AM
DH and some others have suggested, and I might agree, that perhaps when Jack talked w/ that guy in the staduim about the girl and then she was saved, he made a deal w/ the devil. Yikes! What sealed the deal for DH was when the guy was at the end in the hatch and said "Hello brother" or whatever he said.

I also couldn't understand what Walt said and wondered if we were even supposed to. But I think Shannon seeing him was like how Walt used to "see" some stuff before it happened. Maybe the dog is the link to that gift or something. I dunno.

BellaGirl
09-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I think this is my first or second post ever...but I'm a huge lost fan!!!

One other thing I noticed...when Kate pulls Jack and Locke over to check what's written on the hatch...it said "QUARANTINE"....but that was on the inside of the hatch...so that's why the hatch is locked from "the inside". The jungle is what's under quarantine! Not the creepy underworld below...

Might be obvious, but I thought that was a brilliant realization on my part ;) Can't wait until next week!!!

JMS
09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I missed it and totally forgot to tape it.. soooooooooo bummed.

Please tell me they are replaying it before the next episode???

Corie
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
This is what my husband and I do if we can't understand
someone on a TV show...we turn on the closed captioning.
(I think that is what it is called.)

It gives you subtitles in English.

We have already watched Lost and deleted it from TiVo
otherwise I would watch it again to see what Walt said.

Emmas Mom
09-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh I LOVE this show. It just keeps sucking me in! lol Here are some things a friend of mine overheard on a radio show he listens to in the morning:

1. Shannon's last name is Rutherford. Her dad had died and left all of his money to his wife (Boon's mom). They showed the back scene where the woman that Jack saved and then married (Sarah) came into the ER right after her accident. The guy that she had crashed into was named Rutherford...Shannon's Dad we're assuming. And they pronounced him dead at 8:15 (815 being the Flight number of the plane they were flying).

2. If you click on the link below you will be able to listen to what Walt said run backward!
http://www.prestonandsteve.com/
Scroll down until you see where it says "Walt from Lost added 9/22/05"
It's something like "press the button".

Such a trip, I cannot wait until next week with this show. :P

kaylinsmommy2
09-23-2005, 11:52 AM
okay, I suck at these things, but I listedn to what Walt said backwords, and it doesn't sound like anying! :( I can't tell!
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]

s7714
09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
oops! ignore!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

s7714
09-23-2005, 12:45 PM
That's a good idea! DUH! Oh now I really wish I didn't delete it. I'll have to look and see if they're doing an encore running soon...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

Smiles81
09-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I also thought this!
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

saschalicks
09-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Kristine,
Your #1 in your post just blew me away. Where was I when this all happened. I didn't catch any of that. OH I'm watching it again tonight.

Emmas Mom
09-23-2005, 02:51 PM
lol, I didn't catch it either Candice. My friend always finds out cool intel like that though. :D

ETA: I love how you find out so many of their lives intertwine or cross in one way or another. This show has some dang clever writers!

proggoddess
09-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I like the Wikipedia summary on the entire series as well as the individual episodes. There is usually something up on the site right away and any incorrect info is fixed within hours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%282004_television_series%29

Warning, if you do click on the episode summaries, they will contain spoilers. There are warnings on the page where you might hit spoilers, so don't worry too much.

ilovetivo
09-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I didn't catch it either, but wondered if there was a connection somewhere. I looked on a couple Lost blogs and they all have so much interesting info!. The www.oceanic-air.com is pretty cool w/ hidden info and pics and stuff

Sarah1
09-23-2005, 03:48 PM
I also didn't get why it seemed like there was light peering in through the "windows" (if that's what they were) when it was nighttime...I tivo'ed it so I watched the beginning again...

Amazingly well done. I did not watch much last season but I'm hooked now!

ilovetivo
09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
what "windows"?