PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Moms & Visitors - Check out the Morton Arboretum

HGraceMom
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
They opened a new Children's Garden Sept. 10 or so - we took DD on the 16th - it was amazing!

The whole arb. is something like 1400 or 1600 acres about 40 minutes west of downtown Chicago. The children's garden is right in front after you enter through the visitor's section. We went without an umbrella stroller & it was just fine.

Such a beautiful place with tons of "kid friendly" activities & exploring stations throughout.

Enjoy!

vdrake71
09-25-2005, 04:32 PM
I also second this. I went there about a week ago and it was great. My 20 month old was having a great time and did not want to leave. This is a great place for a range of ages.

MegND95
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I've heard this is terrific. Can't wait to take my family.

alexsmommy
09-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I've been planning on going - I've only heard great things. What a fantastic outing as the leaves change. I'll have to see if any of my Mommy friends (or Daddy friends - Tara's DH) want to join me. Our house is on the market and I'm quickly learning it's easier just to be plain gone for the morning and go straight to nap at Grandma's. Thanks for the review.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

lmintzer
09-25-2005, 08:10 PM
We're going to be in town from the 3rd through the morning of the 9th for Rosh Hashana and just to visit. Maybe we could meet you there. I'll have to see how "Joshua friendly" it looks. Lately, taking him anywhere is pretty hard.

DebbieJ
09-25-2005, 09:34 PM
This is perfect! My MIL is coming to visit in two weeks and I'm sure we'll need some things to do.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

alexsmommy
09-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Ohh, let me know. You know I work in the Orthodox community so a lot of October is knocked out for me at the Chicago office so I could probably even do some other days than my typical schedule. When you know your schedule, let me know - it's so close to Naperville it shouldn't be bad. Look on the Chicago boards - I'm pretty sure people have been saying their younger kids like it too. Yea!
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03