PDA

View Full Version : Are the Wiggles worth a 3-hour drive?

drsweetie
09-25-2005, 01:26 PM
The Wiggles are coming to Atlanta, which is a 3-hour drive from where we live. DD loves the Wiggles. She is 2 and a quarter. Is a Wiggles show worth the trip and all the assorted headaches associated with it?

Ellen

janeybwild
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
We just went with our 2 1/2 yr old and infant. We had a really great time. Even DH reluctanly agreed it was worth the almost $100 (by the time you add in parking and food). DD still talks about it and asks to go again. She loves the Wiggles, and was open-mouthed for most of the show. Its relativley short (about an hour and fifteen mins or so), but although that sounds fast it was a perfect length of time. Not sure I would do it for a 6 hr round trip though, yikes. Could you make it a mini-overnight getaway? There have been a few Wiggles threads, so search lounge posts for more input. Have fun!

carryingandstrollingabout
09-25-2005, 03:03 PM
It's a really great time...

candybomiller
09-25-2005, 03:22 PM
We've never been, but darn tootin' we'd drive 3 hours. Matt LOVED the Wiggles (and still does, but is kind of outgrowing his obsession) and had it ever fit in our schedule, we definitely would have gone to a concert.

Vajrastorm
09-25-2005, 05:00 PM
My dd isn't happy on long car rides, so for us a 3 hour drive wouldn't be worth it. Otherwise, heck yes! :)

We took her to the Wiggles when she was 18 months. We all had a wonderful time. I wish we could go again.

Toba
09-25-2005, 05:07 PM
We haven't been yet, but we do have tickets (Hot Potato seats!!!) for the November show at Madison Square Garden, which is only about 1-1/2 hours from us. We were, however, considering taking a four hour trip (one way) earlier this summer to see them in concert, so obviously we thought it was worth it. Luckily, I got wind of advanced sales for their November show which was closer to our home (with the added bonus of getting better seats) before we bought them off eBay. I've heard from many people that the Wiggles are great in concert! :)

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

trumansmom
09-25-2005, 06:15 PM
And would/will do it again!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!