PDA

View Full Version : what's a good present for a 2nd time mom?

nfowife
09-25-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm looking for a congratulatory gift for some friends who just told us they're having their 2nd baby next spring. When I was pg, she sent me 2 pg books from amazon, but since it's her 2nd that doesn't seem like a good gift. What can I get her? Something I can order online and send to her would be the best! TIA!

jerseygirl07067
09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
A good baby book to record milestones, a pregnancy journal, or a nice photo album. Those are the things (other than dipes and wipes) that I wound up buying for myself! :)

Marcy

kensjen
09-26-2005, 12:22 AM
You are such a nice friend! I have already noticed that the second pregnancy doesn't get much attention, so I think that it is great that you want to acknowledge your friend. :)

I think I would like something more personal this time around, since I have most of the baby needs. Maybe a yummy treat from someplace like www.cherylscookies.com or www.mrsbeasleys.com ?? Or a nice lounge outfit/maternity or nursing jammies? They have cute stuff at www.pajamagram.com

Let's see...I also agree with Marcy, photo frames, journal, baby book....all good ideas! Have fun shopping! :)

jamsmu
09-26-2005, 07:20 AM
pajamagrams are a great idea. Also, we got a GC to a local pastry shop, along with cash to pay for an hour of babysitting--love that idea. Or maybe something for the baby ahead of time--like a baby record book?

Of course, I'm also thinking Miracle Blanket, but that could be because my 1 month old is crying and I can't keep him swaddled and my only MB, so far, is in the laundry hamper!

ctmom
09-26-2005, 07:54 AM
if she is close by you can give a gift certificate for dinner and babysitting for dc#1, that was a great gift when I was pg with #2...or you can do an ultrasound frame like this
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Occasion_500/New-Baby_5AL/Item_Sonogram-Ultrasound-Frame_AS6192_ps_cti-5AL.html.

I have one of these in both dc rooms

npace19147
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I gave my friend who was expecting #2 a Hotsling so she could carry and nurse #2 while running after #1! She said so far it's working well. If you don't know measurements you can give a gift certificate too - www.hotslings.com. :)

babymama
09-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Are you looking to get a gift for mama or for her baby?

I'm pregnant the 2nd time around now. So speaking from experience here, the pregnant pajamas sounds GREAT! A pre-natal massage or pedicure would be really good too. Also I just bought for myself the newest edition of the BBB. I would have liked that as a gift for sure.

Also there are lots of items that I didn't get for baby the first time around that I would love this time around. If you can think of something along those lines that she may have mentioned in the past (or maybe she has a registry?), then that would make a very thoughtful gift. A nice little outfit for baby #2 is a good idea - so that he/she is wearing hand me downs all the time.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

cara1
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
For her or for baby?
For her try mamaspajamas.com (site currently down)
for baby, Trumpette socks
or I like shirts that say I am the big brother/little sister
Peekaboocottage.com has great stuff like that, or anything else than can be personalized with cute embroidery