PDA

View Full Version : help me ID this movie so I won't go nuts

kristine_elen
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
A few months ago I saw the first few minutes of a movie on TV (a movie that had been in theaters) and now I can't remember what it was and it's driving me crazy -- for no good reason; it's totally irrelevant.

Anyway, opening scene: There was a husband (the star of the movie) who was in love with his wife and she was very affectionate toward him. He went to work one day and his boss (who I think was played by Michael McKean but I'm not sure) told this man that the man would have to meet with some client that night in lieu of the boss meeting with the client. The reason was that the boss was going to have sex with some hot chick that night.

But the client rescheduled, so the man went home to surprise his wife and discovered that his boss's hot chick was his (the star of the movie's) wife. The boss and wife didn't know the man had found out.

I have no idea what happened next, or if this was a comedy or drama or thriller or what.

It stuck in my head b/c the man's assistant was played by some woman whom I couldn't place. Now the whole movie is a blur and my mind keeps dwelling on it.

Can anyone tell me the name of this movie so I can stop thinking about it every time I try to go to sleep?

Thanks!

kedss
09-27-2005, 03:45 PM
It sounds like Nothing to Lose, with Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence, from 1997:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119807/

I know how much it makes me crazy to forget a movie's title :)

kristine_elen
09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
God bless you!

That's it. I had searched Michael McKean in imdb and even clicked on that movie, but it didn't register.

Maybe I can sleep now.

Thank you!

jbowman
09-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Kristen,

I usually know *all* movies, but I could not place this one. I "googled" a few things and came up with this:

http://www.themoviechicks.com/apr2003/mcr100milerule.html

ETA: I was wrong, but this does have Michael McKean as a boss, LOL!

knaidel
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Was that not the stupidest movie?
I was living in Israel when I saw it. I was ready to walk out in the middle, but my friend didn't want to because we paid so much to see it (movies there are a fortune.)
In the end, the boss was meeting with the wife's identical twin.
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
Ever since then, whenever i've seen a movie and I think it's bad, I always think, "okay, well it wasn't as bad as Nothing To Lose."