PDA

View Full Version : Quality Workout Pants?

dancingnancies
10-02-2005, 05:01 PM
The typical uniform for most sahms here tends to be a tee and black workout pants.With a hint of stretch/sheen but slouchy at the same time, kwim? I've seen them at Wally World but would rather get a pair that will last, won't fade(I want black) Are Adidas and Mike the brands to get?

farsk
10-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello!

Anything with cotton in them will fade over time, so that will be something you want to look out for, even if they are pricier brands like Nike and Adidas. You could toss them into a load or Rit dye and blacken them right up!

With that being said...I've always had good luck with Danskin stuff either at wal-mart or target (can't remember which). Very cute stuff.

Good luck!

MarisaSF
10-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I love my SAHM "uniform" by Marika. I got it at Macy's. http://www.marika.com/

I also like http://www.title9sports.com and http://www.athleta.com

Suggestions:
-Look under the "yoga" clothes. I prefer the boot-cut pants without the drawstrings (and Adidas and Nike seem to be mostly wide-leg drawstrings or running (tight at the ankles) styles.)
-Spring for the matching hoodie if you're in a layering-conducive climate. I feel I look so much better in a set.

ETA: If you're looking for inexpensive, good, cute tees to wear with those pants, I've been loving the Gap Stretch ones.

bostonsmama
10-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I've gotten a few things from Target. I love my pair of loose-fit, polyester and lycra blend, cool-knit, moisture wicking capris from Mossimo. They are fitted through the hips, but looser around the thigh and knees: really comfy. Danskin makes some neat stuff (Target), but I didn't like the drape on me, too baggy. I would check out the clearance section there, they always have fitness gear on sale, and occassionally in the regular misses section they'll have some end-of-season terry or velour knit hoodies for a good deal.

Larissa
who is still trying to give birth so she can have more to say

JulieL
10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I have been wanting the ones shown on LL Bean or Lands End really bad. I like that they have a style that is cute but not so clingy to the hips/buttocks! I think they are around $40 or so.

You can always check out www.sierratradingpost.com for good bargains on high end workout wear as well well as www.campmor.com

momtogrant
10-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I love my pants from athleta. I have the capri and full length black and have washed them over and over for a period of 3 years without fading. I even wore them during pregnancy they were so...stretchy and soft. athleta.com (all that pant).
For actual working out and some days i do just wear them I love under armour loose fit capris(sp?) - they wick up the sweat and are still not skin tight.
I also like addidas pants, but they do tend to get nubby after a couple months of washing - even with hanging them to dry.
Oh...and one more I almost forgot about since I have not worn them in the heat - I love the spa pants from Lucy (lucy.com). I just wash them in cold water and hang dry and they have stayed new looking for over 2 years and I always get comments on how cute they are.
Sorry so long. Can you tell I like to be comfy :-)
Nicole

ellies mom
10-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, I've become a fashion idiot. My normal sneakers are indoor soccer shoes(Adidas Sambas). I love them; they are like slippers. But I'm not sure they would go with "yoga" style pants. Would I wear my running shoes?

neeter
10-03-2005, 01:02 PM
These are great recommendations! Anything in particular that would fit someone who is 5'1"? Alot of these sorts of pants are pretty long! Thanks!

JulieL
10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm 5'1" and I *think* both LL Bean and Lands End have petite sizes in these type of pants.

JulieL
dp

JulieL
argh triple post

MichelleRC
10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
I just got the LL Bean ones in a Petite and they fit great (I am just under 5 feet). A little long, but will be great when I am wearing them with sneakers.

neeter
10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Yay, thanks for the suggestion! (Which LL Bean ones did you get, Michelle?)

MichelleRC
10-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I just threw out the catalog, but they were the bootcut ones with no drawstring. If I am not mistaken, they were $29. I liked the look of the $49 ones but I decided to see how the cheaper ones fit before spending that much.
I really like them and they are very comfy on!

neeter
10-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks - I didn't even see those! I will order a pair! :)