PDA

View Full Version : Calling all metro area NY/NJ girls...looking for a place for crib rentals.....

jerseygirl07067
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
We're going up to NJ for a week during the Thanksgiving holiday. I went on the site for Babies Away, and saw that they don't have locations in NJ.

Does anyone have recs for good places that rent cribs, toys, high chairs, etc? We're bringing our double stroller and carseats, so those won't be needed.

We'll be staying in the Randolph area. (Near Morristown)

Marcy

Marisa6826
10-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Marcy-

Unfortunately, the majority of the baby stuff rental places are in South Jersey near the beach. Baby's Away does have a location in NYC. I don't know if you want to try and negotiate with them to come out to Randolph (it's not a quick trip), or go and meet them in NYC.

The other option is to find cheapo stuff on Craigslist and then just donate it. I have a bunch of crib sheets, mattress protectors, blankets, etc. if you decide to go that route.

I can lend you a Pack and Play, toys and Sophie's kid Aero bed if you want. Unfortunately, I need my cribs and highchair at the moment. I live about 35 minutes from Morristown.

LMK

-m

ETA- I know that there are other Mommies that live out in that area on the NJ Mommy Stroller Board. I can ask them, as well, if you're interested. They may have highchairs, etc.

jennifer_r
10-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Not to hijack this thread but . . . 35 minutes from Morristion? Marisa, where do you live? I'm in Warren, just moved from Basking Ridge (a whopping 5 mile move) back in July.

Marcy, I wish I could help you out but I don't know of any rental places either. I would lend you stuff as well, except that I am either still using it for Adelaide (who's 13 months) or I'll be using it again very soon for my baby who's due at the end of this month. Good luck finding stuff.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

Marisa6826
10-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Jenn-

I"m in Essex County, one house from Livingston. My dentist is in Basking Ridge ;)

We should definitely get together once your new little one is here!

-m

jennifer_r
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, let's get together - but after the newborn has settled in a bit.

Who's your dentist?

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

jerseygirl07067
10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh Marisa, that is so nice of you! I will continue to see what I can do, and if need be, I may take you up on the PNP and the toys :)

Thanks,
Marcy