PDA

View Full Version : Meg (Searchdog) how are the braces going?

lilycat88
10-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I've been thinking about you and Maggie. How are the braces going. It's been just over a week hasn't it?

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004
15 month stats: 32.5 inches tall, 25 lbs. 8 oz.

searchdog
10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Again I am sorry I didn't see this when you posted it. Anyway things are going well. She is walking all over the place now. The first week was really stressful not really because of the braces, but because she wasn't used to wearing real shoes. All she had ever worn were Robeez type shoes her whole life. SO the rubber soles of the shoes were getting "stuck" on things and she would just scream because she couldn't get her feet where she wanted. Since then she has adapted quite well and is much better with the shoes and braces. We make her wear them 100% of the time she is awake, the only time she doesn't have them on is in bed.

On a side note we are switching PT's which is stressful for me and wasn't an easy decision, but our current PT was showing up late and only working with Maggie for like 30 minutes then she would write notes for things for 10-15 minutes and then leave, so we weren't getting what we were supposed to. So today actually I finally decided to switched after I talked to a new therapist I decided we would give her a try and hopefully things will go better. We just redid our goals on monday with our service coordinator and we are also going to have her speech checked and a part of that I guess is to usually get there hearing checked as well. I don't think she has a hearing problem at all but if when they evaluate her they recommend it I am going to go ahead and do it.

That is about it for us around here. How is Susanna doing? Did you end up getting her reevaluated for the drinking thing? (I think that is what it was) Also it sounded like you really like the PT you used if you wouldn't mind PMing me their name I would appreciate it in case this one doesn't work out for some reason. Well gotta run, thanks again for asking about us.