PDA

View Full Version : Any other toddlers in love with sticker books?

deborah_r
10-08-2005, 08:34 PM
I picked up a sticker book for Kai a little over a month ago at Costco, and our lives have not been the same since. All we ever here is "Sticker book! Sticker book!" He wants to play with it all the time, and he needs a little help to do it. DH and I hide IT from him sometimes, because it is making us crazy! He's on his 3rd sticker book. The other day he said "I love sticker book!"

On the plus side, he seems to have an amazing ability to find the right shape to pick the sticker on and he is getting better at lining them up right.

*Edit to add: "IT" we hide *it* from him...*we* don't hide from him. Gosh, that sounded horrible!

SuenosDelMar
10-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Yup, my girl is in to them too. My mom bought her one for the train ride home (while we were in downtown Chicago) and we discovered it is a wonderful way to keep her occupied in the car, while we are finishing eating dinner at a restaurant and or in any other situation were she needs to sit still for awhile.

She tends to pile all the stickers up on themselves if we are not helping her figure out where they go, but for now, that is okay with us.

BTW, my favorites are "Sticker Stories" brand books since they tend to have the most stickers and have cool themes. And http://www.bookcloseouts.com/ is my favorite place to get them for a good price. If you use ebates there is a nice rebate there and also a coupon code for $5 off a $35 order. They have a good deal on Halloween and Thanksgiving books right now too.

mudder17
10-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow, I never thought about getting sticker books! Kaya's not there yet, but she just recently discovered a love of stickers (and scotch tape, actually). She likes to take them off the page and put them all over her legs/body and then take them off and put them on the floor, etc. Let's see...Kai is 9 months older than Kaya? Maybe I'll get her some next year. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

ett
10-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I have a sticker book lover here too. LOL when I read your post because Kai sounded exactly like my DS when I first gave him one a couple of weeks ago. He played with it for over an hour after I gave it to him and asked for it continuously the next several days.

Our favorites here are also the Sticker Stories series. They also have them at AC Moore and are a pretty good deal with the 40% off coupons. They don't have outlines specifying where to stick a particular sticker. Most of the other sticker books that I see seems to be those types, which I don't think DS would be into. He prefers to stick them anywhere and then peel and restick and peel and restick until they're not sticky anymore.

new_mommy25
10-09-2005, 04:30 AM
OMG, DS cannot get enough of sticker books!! They are a must around here. We had some of the ones from Costco (DS loooves Dora), but those stickers are hard to remove once you stick them on the paper. The best ones, IMO, are from Borders or Barnes & Nobles. They have a huge selection but we like the brand "Sticker Stories" best. They have themes like trains, cars, trucks etc. and you stick the stickers on the road. They remove really easily so DS can move the cars around as he likes. I also scored and found a Thomas sticker album at Ross!! It came with several sheets of stickers and DS was in seventh heaven. I see stickers there all the time so it's worth checking out.

Good for Kai on being able to match up the shapes! We're not quite there yet. DS has a very abstract way of applying the stickers :P .

neeter
10-09-2005, 04:47 AM
This is a great post! How old are your children who are using Sticker Stories?

DS is nearly 21 months, and he looooves stickers. I just got him a notebook and cheapie stickers from Michaels, and he loooooves sticking them in his book. He also scribbles in the book too. Its amazing how long he will sit and work on his book - I think one time, maybe 30 minutes!! The stickers aren't really reusable, but the stickers are pretty cheap.

I'd love to get him started on Sticker Stories if he's not too young to start! Thanks!

new_mommy25
10-09-2005, 05:27 AM
I would say now is a perfect age. Like your child, my DS also enjoyed sticking random stickers into a notebook or onto his body. I would buy them from the dollar store. When he was about 21 months we took a 6 hour plane trip to California. I bought the sticker books based on recommendations from these boards. I can't remember who told me about them (Nita?) but I am forever grateful because DS was an angel on the plane ride. He loved the stickers so much that we didn't even use the portable DVD player I had bought.

He's 25 months now. For his birthday last month I bought him a bunch of new Sticker Stories as well as the Thomas album I mentioned in my previous posts. He liked those more than the Thomas train pieces we got him! I work part-time so it's a really good activity for him to do with the IL's who watch him. It keeps him quiet and mellow and it's time consuming.

deborah_r
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I'll have to look into the "Sticker Stories". We're actually a bit worried about DS being so obsessed with the stickers going in the right place. But I also think him doing it that way might be good for his fine motor skills. But I would like to get one that is more imaginative as to where to put the stickers. All of ours are from "Priddy Books" I think.

houseof3boys
10-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Ryan is still not into the books yet, but he *loves* stickers.

He thought my love stamps were stickers last week. That wasn't fun to deal with a brand new book of stamps all over the place. :-(

deborah_r
10-10-2005, 02:33 AM
>Ryan is still not into the books yet, but he *loves*
>stickers.
>
>He thought my love stamps were stickers last week. That
>wasn't fun to deal with a brand new book of stamps all over
>the place. :-(

Yikes! That's an expensive sheet of stickers! And, well, he is right, they are stickers, technically!

zuzu
10-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Sarah loves stickers, but we haven't broken out the sticker books yet. I bought some a while back and stuck them in the closet - thanks for the reminder! :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)