PDA

View Full Version : ISO: picture book about Boston terrier

jgriffin
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
I saw a book at Borders a few weeks ago that I now want to get, but can't remember the name or author. I went back to the store this afternoon but had no luck finding it. :( I'm hoping if I post a synopsis, someone can point me in the right direction.

It's about a guy named Mike who has a Boston terrier (at least I think that's what it is). He thinks the dog is a boy, but then turns out he's a she. Mike tries to get the dog to conform to being a girl (he dresses her up, etc), but both are unhappy. I forget exactly how it ends, but everyone ends up happy (of course!) I think it is set in NYC, but not sure about that.

The book itself was hardcover, and probably pretty recent, judging by how it was displayed at the store.

Anyone?

TIA!!

Jen

smilequeen
10-17-2005, 09:02 PM
We have it :)

It's upstairs in Simon's room and he's sleeping, but I can get you the name of the book tommorrow :) Unless I can find it on Amazon...

ETA...ah ha

Here you go
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0374361495/qid=1129601069/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-6275309-2140703?v=glance&s=books

We have 2 pugs, so DS has a bunch of pug books :) Of course, after finding the reviews, apparently it's not a pug either...LOL

jgriffin
10-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Yes! That's the one...don't know why I thought boston terrier (I'm not a dog-person, I guess!)

thanks!!!!

Jen

Marisa6826
10-18-2005, 12:22 AM
It's a FRENCHIE!!!! I'm sooo excited! I just put it in my 'cart' on Amazon. ;)

-m