PDA

View Full Version : This is beyond a long shot- ROSETTA STONE language CDs

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
10-19-2005, 07:06 AM
OK I know this is a long shot...but ones never knows...

Bono said on Oprah when you want something done go to Oprah but I chuckle many times in that I feel this way about our group of mamas here (someone usually knows)!!!!!!!

So I am looking at the Rosetta Stone language CDs and they cost a fortune...I wondered if anyone has them??????

I am wanting Russian and German and would just ask to borrow them for like 3 days to see if I like them and to get a feel for if Reichen will like it before dishing out the money.

I thought maybe here someone would have them...knows someone...maybe you work in an area that has them???

DESPERATE for these!!!!!

Russian and German are the two I am looking for!!!!

Thanks in advance,

jillmk
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Neve,
I don't have them, but have you checked your library? I did a quick check and it looks like Connecticut has them available through inter-library loan. Good luck!

jesseandgrace
10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I have been wondering about these too, the Spanish ones. I saw a kiosk at the airport and I was so tempted to buy the set, but it is so expensive. I hope someone has some information on them here!

Tori_s mom
10-19-2005, 12:46 PM
I don't have Russian or German, but I do have Hebrew. My husband and I really like the program. It's even helped me learn songs on my dd's Hebrew CD. I hope you can find the languages you need!!

Tasha

Calmegja2
10-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Our library has them, too. I just checked online....

Can you check at yours, too?

10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
though...I so hope I can get my hands on these without having to dish out the money!!!!!

Our library does not have them, and my friend who wants them to checked hers in Marietta Georgia!!!!

hwin708
10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Nope. Sorry

But don't forget about ebay!
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&fstype=1&catref=C6&satitle=rosetta+stone+%28russian%2C+german%29&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

american_mama
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Can you do inter-library loan for beyond your city or county? I think my husband found some home improvement books at some library in the state... don't even know if it was a normal public library or perhaps a university library... but he requested them via loan and checked them out from a local library.

10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I need to ask them, they kind of looked at me like I was crazy when I even asked (in person!!!). but if I push the issue I wonder.

niccig
10-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Neve,
Definitely push your library for an Inter-Library Loan. I was a librarian at a university, libraries are networked together to share material. Some libraries place restrictions on who they loan to, but there will be some place you can get it from.

Nicci

ETA you can do a world catalog search to see if any libraries near you have it. World Catalog is a subscription search through OCLC, but they have a free open web version. In goggle or yahoo search enter the following phrase exactly as I have typed it here:

"Find in a Library" Rosetta Stone Russian
or substitute Rosetta Stone Russian for any other title.

In the search results click on the link with the URL beginning http://www.worldcatlibraries.org etc etc etc You then put in your zip code and it will show you which libraries hold that item. Other libraries will have this, they just haven't included their records in world cat.

Ok, I just did it and this are the results

County of Los Angeles Public Library
Library information Downey, CA 90242
2. Napa City County Library
Library information Napa, CA 94559
3. ALLEN CNTY PUB LIBR
Library informationServices: Ask a librarian FT WAYNE, IN 46801
4. INDIANA UNIV
Library information BLOOMINGTON, IN 47405
5. KOKOMO-HOWARD CNTY PUB LIBR
Library information KOKOMO, IN 46901
6. Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
Library information Buffalo, NY 14203

I would still search the online catalogs of these libraries to make sure they have the german and russian discs. Maybe it will help if you give this list to your local library.

pritchettzoo
10-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Yep--your library might be able to get them from UNC or one of the other big universities in the area. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)