PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Please tell me someone else never had morning sickness

dogmom
10-20-2005, 07:52 AM
UPDATE:

Had my first ultra-sound Monday. It looked like I was more like 6 weeks one day. They were able to see a heartbeat, it was 130 which was fine. I'm going back at 10 weeks for a doppler and if they can't get one, which is likely because of where my uterus sits, I will get an ultrasound. My OB said, well you know that if we get a good heart rate the chances of miscarriage drops dramatically, but he knows my experience has been different. So I feel cautiously optomistic at this point. Thanks for all the support and good wishes.

Jeanne

I'm due for my first ultrasound Monday (6 1/2 weeks) and I'm stressing out because I still don't have mornng sickness. I had fairly tender breasts right away, before my period was even due, they are still sore, but not so much. My GI track isn't acting quite normal. I feel full all the time and feel on the verge of acid relux a lot of the time, but no nausea. I'm trying to tell myself it's because I haven't felt like drinking coffee at all (I had a cup a day with my last two pregnancies). I'm just stressing because I miraculously felt "great" with my last pregnancy after 10 weeks, which turned out to be around the time the fetus stopped developing and I miscarried at 12 weeks. I know there is one study linking no pregnancy symptoms or early disappearance of pregnancy symptoms to miscarriage, which of course tells me nothing about my particular situation. So I just want random stories about other people who weren't nauseus but carried to term just fine to make me feel better over the weekend.

Oh, and for those that gave me advice an my OB office not coming up with an appointment for me before 12 weeks I have an update. I emailed the nurse manager and she kicked a few butts and I got my first ultrasound & doctors visit scheduled, plus they already scheduled my early screening for 11.5 weeks without me having to wait for the genetic counselor. Apparently in my form it said "none" after medical history. Of course the secretary who took my information never asked me about my medical history and besides, it is all in the computerized medical record if someone bothered to look. Idiots. I'm going to go to these appointments and I'll re-evaluate the practice in my second trimester if I make it that far and maybe change to a local group. It's just too bad I really like my OB.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

jbowman
10-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Hugs! I have had pretty bad morning sickness with this pregnancy, but had absolutely NO morning sickness with DD #1, and everything was fine. :)

ErinMC
10-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm glad you were able to get an earlier appointment!

I never got morning sickness until 8-9 weeks. So it may just be too early for you. Best wishes!

Erin

Mom to Chase
Feb. 2004

Toba
10-20-2005, 08:02 AM
My first pregnancy ... whoo, boy. I was SO sick that I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. My husband had to feed me fruit by hand. That pregnancy resulted in an early miscarriage.

For the next six years, I tried to get pregnant, but I deal with infertility issues. It was a strange feeling, trying so desperately to get pregnant, but dreading the morning sickness (I just assumed that I would be as sick as I was the first time). When I finally did get pregnant, eight years and one miscarriage later, I wasn't sick. Not a day. My RE told me that only 50% of women have morning sickness. His own wife was sick for two children and not sick for the other child (which kind of skews his percentage theory :P ). I enjoyed my entire pregnancy, even though I was considered high risk and was seeing a perinatologist regularly, feeling the best I have ever felt my entire life.

You still have "time" to get morning sickness since you're so early, but it's a good possiblity that you're just one of the lucky ones with no morning sickness!

CONGRATS!!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

KrisM
10-20-2005, 08:09 AM
I posted a couple weeks ago wondering this. I am now at 9 weeks + and still don't have morning sickness. I am way more tired though. That's about it for my sypmtoms. I am assuming all is well with the baby.

With DS, I felt a tad queasy in the afternoons, but that was all. Nothing bad.

Jeanne
10-20-2005, 08:29 AM
I didn't have morning sickness at all with either of my girls. In fact, I never met a smell or food that I didn't like either. But I had other symptoms such as soreness, immediate weight gain, and fatigue.

lablover
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
I only had one instance where I felt sick and that was after eating a full on breakfast at work (eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc). I was probably around 9-10 weeks at that time. Other than that I had no morning sickness. Actually, the first month of my pregnancy was stressful to me because I didn't feel pregnant at all!

Momof3Labs
10-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Jeanne, I never threw up with either of my pgs. And even 6.5 weeks is early for true morning sickness, believe it or not! I had some nausea with both pgs, but it was mild and was connected with how full my tummy was. The breast tenderness definitely came and went, too.

FWIW, the acid reflux feeing IS consistent with pregnancy as the opening between the esophagus and tummy loosens up pretty early on!

Good luck and hang in there!!

kellyotn
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
I never had one bit of morning or anytime sickness with any of my pregnancies. My first was a blighted ovum miscarriage. A doctor friend mentioned the "Morning sickness means everything is ok" thing after the m/c. I think she meant to make me feel better.

But, then with my next two pregnancies I was terrified to NOT have any morning sickness again. Not one bit, ever. Both pregnancies were fine and my kids are now 3 and 1. :-)

Another friend had none with her first baby, and with her second was sick from before the HPT was positive until about month 7. Both girls, both healthy. Just different!

I'm glad you got in with your doc. Sometimes its just best to bypass the front desk and speak to a nurse.

I'll be thinking of you!

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Jeanne please keep us posted we are all so excited for you!!!!!

I had no morning sickness with Tristan that I can think of, and had tons with Bronwyn...

I know you work in the hospital, is there any chance one of your sono techs could put your mind at ease some??? Ours use to love to sneak us in for a quick check...infact when Bronwyn was in her first few weeks and I had met up with a few BBB gals in the area of DC I felt cramping and the sono techs even snuck me in then...

It might set your mind at ease some...
Keep us posted honey we are thinking about you!!!!

dogmom
10-20-2005, 08:53 AM
MMMM...You are making crave a big old breakfast with eggs, bacon & hashbrowns. I've been trying sooo hard not to eat everything in front of me. I gained 10 lbs in the first trimester with both pregnancies, and I still have 8 from the last one! It's just a downer because I keep feeling like I've been lugging this extra "baby weight" around with no baby to show for it. I'm not complaining froma vanity standpoint, more of a wish I didn't have this constant reminder of my miscarriage that I can't loose. Of course I haven't worked real hard to diet it off, because I was still TTC and I just don't believe the two of those should go together.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

mommab
10-20-2005, 08:57 AM
None here with both pregnancies, but a little queasiness and mostly fatigue (major this time around)! Good thoughts coming your way!!!

bluej
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
With Alex I didn't have any morning sickness until around 9 weeks. It was fairly mild, slight nausea that came and went (not constant like with the other pregnancies) and I could totally function through it and just needed a nap every once in a while. Enjoy feeling great!

Saartje
10-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Jeanne, though I had terrible morning sickness with Ishie, my mother had SIX full-term pregnancies with no morning sickness whatsoever. (She said the only way she could properly sympathize with my morning sickness was by imagining having the flu for 8 months.)

brigmaman
10-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Congrats! I've never had morning sickness. There were a few days where I couldn't decide what I wanted, but then the rest of the 9 months I couldn't stop eating.

NatalieM
10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I never had one bit of morning sickness. I had the same concern as you, as I had miscarried the first time we got pregnant. Everything turned out fine when we got pregnant again.

I'm sure everything is fine with your baby too. Lots of luck!!!

kedss
10-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I never had a bit of morning sickness, just bad reflux in the last trimester and a flare up of my TMJ.

I'm glad you got an earlier appointment :)

Katia
10-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I had the same worries when I just didn't "feel" pregnant during my first trimester. Lo and behold, morning sickness and extreme fatigue arrived during my *second* trimester. DS is now a happy, healthy two-year-old! :-)

Katia
DS 2003

jillmk
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Good luck! I think that what you are feeling is normal--it is still really early for morning sickness.

With DD #1 I had no morning sickness--no symptoms at all except fatigue.

With DD #2 and DD #3 on the way now, I felt great up until 9 weeks--then morning sickness hit and I still have it so far at 18 weeks--ugh.

Hope your ultrasound goes great and you see that little heart beating away! Isn't it the most beautiful thing to see?

Jill

NancyJ_redo
10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Jeanne - my first pregnancy was about as easy as a pregnancy can be; ZERO morning sickness, no sore breasts, nothing but some general fatigue. So I can defintely, absolutely assure you that a lack of symptoms does not indicate that something is wrong. This second pregnancy was quite different in the beginning - I had a tinge of morning sickness, was very tired and had some light bleeding early on. And both pregnancies were, in the end (almost on this one!) completely uneventful. So if nothing else it goes to show that every pregnancy is different, and each of our bodies are capable of responding very differently to every pregnancy.

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done) and keep us posted on how your appt goes Monday.

CharmedOne
10-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Jeanne, good luck with your appointment Monday. I didn't have any morning sickness at all with DS, though the thought of brushing my teeth in the morning during the first trimester was enough to make to gag. The only real "symptoms" I had were sore breasts and general fatigue.

Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who don't get morning sickness. :)

Caroline

Precious Little Nathan
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060601/2/12/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

ellies mom
10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
No morning sickness here either. For a lot of the first trimester, I had to eat like mad, but after 12 weeks I went back to normal. Other than painful joint loosening, it was all smooth sailing.

Alys the Cat
10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I had the exact same experience with DS -- and worried like crazy. Everything was fine. I never had a bout of morning sickness, although I did have serious egg salad cravings! :)

Hang in there! Sending good vibes your way...

Elilly
10-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I felt sick once at 16 weeks with Colleen and never with Graham. I did experience some fatigue though. Are you any more tired than usual?
Hugs. I went through similar feelings when I was pg w/ Graham.

dhano923
10-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I never had morning sicknewss with either of my pregnancies.

amp
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I had some periodic, light queasiness or nausea at random times, but never what I would call MS. I got off really, really lucky I guess!

pittsburghgirl
10-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I never had any morning sickness with my DS! It sounds like you have other symptoms, I hope you can keep from worrying too much!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

ykc
10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
With my first pregnancy, I had a tiny bit of queasiness and fair amount of fatigue in the first trimester, and at the very end, a little sciatica. I didn't even consider that I might be pregnant until about 7 weeks, because I felt so normal (that, and because the opportunities to get pregnant are few and far between when you're an intern). With pregnancy #2, I had a bit more nausea, one (maybe two?) bouts of vomiting, a lot of fatigue. Both kids were born at full-term and were very healthy.

squimp
10-20-2005, 02:10 PM
I didn't have morning sickness at all. I lost my taste for coffee, and developed a few weird cravings, but I never had MS. So don't think you have to have it for a healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations! And good luck sorting out your OB stuff - sounds tremendously annoying. They saw me at 6 weeks, and did an internal ultrasound.

Jenn98
10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
this brings back fond memories.... I had no morning sickness, no symptoms at all for quite awhile. then the gods decided to punish me and make me wish I had never uttered the phrase, "Why don't I feel yucky yet?" my punishment included weeks of laying on the bathroom floor 24/7, weeks of sleepsless nights, hunger and nausea at the same time, headaches, dizziness.. oh it was awful. just awful. i missed entire weeks of work.

my advice? don't anger the gods by wishing you felt yucky ;) it's not worth it!!!!

I'm sure you'll be just fine! Don't stress mama - it's not good for your little bean in your belly. :)

jenn

rottiemom
10-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Did we make you feel better yet? :-)

I was sick as a dog for each one that I lost but felt so good when I was carrying my little guy that I didn't even get to the GYN until I was nearly 8 weeks along because I never suspected that I was pregnant! The only gastro type thing that I suffered was agita (basically knots in my stomach) and I put all of that down to unusual amounts of work related stress.

Anyway, the only time I threw up for the entire pregnancy was when I neglected to take my prenatal vitamin the night before & took it the following morning. It came rocketing back up about 15 minutes later :-).

I wouldn't worry about your lack of morning sickness, just enjoy it. Every pregnancy is different, as is every mother. Fingers crossed that this one goes smoothly for you.

Nina

Starbaby
10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Not only did I not have MS with DC, I didn't have ANY symptoms until over 16 weeks. And that includes not missing periods.

jk3
10-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I did not have a single moment of morning sickness during my pregnancy with DS. Good luck tomorrow!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

khakismom
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Jeanne, congrats first of all!!! :)

Second, I didn't have one iota of MS with Bridget. Not even a smidge--it was heavenly, but yet a little disconcerting in the beginning. Try to enjoy it sweetie, you're one of the lucky ones! :)

stcelia
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Glad you got an earlier appointment.

FWIW, I had *NO* morning sickness at all in my pregnancy. Twice I threw up while brushing my teeth. So, I had a sensitive gag reflex, but I never felt sick to my stomach.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Jenn

alkagift
10-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Congratulations, Jeanne--grow, baby, grow!!!

Allison

psophia17
10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Jeanne,

I'm just getting to your post now, and am so happy there was a good update already :)

FWIW, I never had morning sickness with DS. I always felt full, and was downing Tums like it was going out of style, but except for feeling a little ill when I smelled DH's breakfast on his breath before he went to work in the mornings and a little motion sickness during my long commute, I felt great the whole time.