PDA

View Full Version : wet laundry and shredded tissues

TahliasMom
10-24-2005, 01:51 AM
My DH was trying to be nice tonight and did a load of delicates while I was cleaning; mainly my work sweaters, pants and dd's nice clothes. dh also added some of his dressy pants, one which had tissues in one of the pocket. lets just say everything is covered in tiny little pieces of tissue! i don't even know where to begin. :( most of the stuff needs to be hanged or flat dried but if i put in the dryer on low will it get rid of the gazillions pieces of tissue that is stuck to everything? or do i have to hand pick it all off? any advice on what to do with this mess? :(

thanks...

himom
10-24-2005, 05:12 AM
I've been there!! We ended up throwing the whole load into the dryer (no heat or low heat) and the dryer filter caught all of it.

HTH!

Jodi

KBecks
10-24-2005, 08:37 AM
We dry most of our stuff in the dryer and it will come off better when the tissue is dry, although you may need to brush it off or use a lint brush.

I'd suggest your usuall drying method, and then work on getting the tissue off when the clothing and tissue is dry.

schums
10-24-2005, 08:46 AM
My DH does the same thing on occasion. What we do is take each item out of the wash and shake it like crazy, which gets most of the offending item off. Then I run the whole load through another short rinse cycle and then dry like I normally do. This gets off almost all of the tissues, and I don't have to spend a ton of time picking it off or using a lint brush.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

ribbit1019
10-24-2005, 09:50 AM
OOOhhh this happens so much in my house...
I usually will shake/flick the clothes and get as much as I can off that way (sweeping is pain, but it is worse to try and take wet tissue off). Then I rewash the whole load. When dry, I take my sticky roller to it. Most of it I catch while I am ironing. I have rollers stashed all over the house.

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

TahliasMom
10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
thanks so much ladies. since it's a huge load i think i'm going to try to rewash it and then dry it on low heat! what a mess...