PDA

View Full Version : Big news for Kylee's birthday!

s_gosney
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
And no, it's not that there's a #2 on the way...not even anywhere close to ready for that. =)

But, dh is now officially a sahd. I'm scared and excited all at the same time. It would be an understatement to say that he and I have some differences in opinion on how some things need to be handled with dd. I'm doing my best to think positively, believe in him, and trust that this will be for the best. I'm so excited for him to have the opportunity to spend this time focusing on Kylee, but I have nightmares of her watching TV and eating donuts all day long.

Your good thoughts, prayers, and suggestions are all welcome.

houseof3boys
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
I think it's wonderful news. Even if she eats doughnuts all day. :-)
Just kidding.

Moneypenny
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Congrats! My DH has been a SAHD since I went back to work after maternity leave. My suggestions? Repeat after me, "He loves her. They'll be fine. He loves her. They'll be fine." ;)
Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
We made it to a year!

ribbit1019
10-24-2005, 01:25 PM
They will have such a good time!

Happy Birthday Kylee!!

I have the same issues with MIL. I live by the "babies have lived through worse" mantra.

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

jec2
10-24-2005, 01:27 PM
what a great experience for all of you. congratulations. and happy belated birthday to Kylee! Hope that you all celebrated and had lots and lots of fun :)

s_gosney
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, everything went fine yesterday, and it was even an extra long day since I have class on Monday nights. It sounds like they had fun...I was just a wreck yesterday. I was having a challenging day trying to get my data to make sense, then on top of that I was worried about dh and dd and jealous that it was him instead of me, then mad at myself for feeling that way....

Today I'm feeling much better though. Thanks for the good wishes! :)

tarahsolazy
10-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Try not to notice the mis-matched clothes and the odd meal choices, oh and the sharpie marker on the walls and on the boy, oh and the caliigraphy ink all over the computer room carpet.

Wait, that's my life. Sorry!

I love it that DH is a SAHD. The way I look at it, somebody's got to work, and in our house, that's me. I'm still not sure how this temporary thing became more permanent, but I'm comfortable with it. DH is too.

MMEand1
10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Happy Birthday Kylee!

And congratulations for having a SAHD! My DH is a SAHD and has been since the birth of our DS 3 years ago. It is really neat to see the opportunity he has with our children and know that not many fathers get to experience what he does. My DH is wonderful and we have not had any donut problems at all. As far as the tv, well, my DS loves Star Wars, Wiggles, and the Food Network, so at least he is well rounded!! My DH takes the kids for walks, to the park, to Mommy and Me and Daddy too Playgroups, grocery shopping, you name it. He is awesome and I'm sure that with time, you'll see what a great opportunity this is for your family!.

Welcome to the club!
Mariah P.

new_mommy25
10-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Wonderful news! I wish your family the best.