PDA

View Full Version : 2 Guys: One Wicked Sweet Tooth--XPost

kfk
10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi I'm cross-posting this here (also on the feeding board), because I'm really interested in getting some input.

The funny thing about twins, you really get to see how much is seemingly "hard-wired" in your little ones'. Anyway, as we branch out to a wider variety of foods, differing tastes are emerging. One will eat broccoli, the other spits it out (literally opened his mouth, stuck out tongue, broccoli bits rolled out). Same with hummous, rice and beans, salmon cakes.

Well, the one who's doing most of the rejecting has a WICKED sweet tooth. And I'm not talking about fruit (which we offer at every meal). He ate his birthday cupcake with glee (after squishing it in both little paws). All treats are gobbled up. And the preference for slightly sweet cereal is clear (Mighty Bites and Teddy Puffs are so much yummier than TJ's cheerios). Mind you, except the homemade cupcakes, these "treats" have been from the health food store (e.g. Barbara's fruit sweetened whole wheat raspberry newton cookies, animal cookies, etc.). But, I'm thinking I should cut out the treats altogether to temper his natural inclination?

The reason I ask is: I was raised in an environment that in certain ways was unduly restrictive, or maybe just too erratic regarding sweets. And, I do have "food issues" and am recovering from an eating disorder. So, I want to be as low-key as possible re: food