PDA

View Full Version : Birth Announcement for a Halloween Baby

Puddy73
10-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Unless something happens sooner, I'm scheduled to be induced Monday morning, so it looks like we will be having a Halloween baby. I'm trying to think of cute wording for his birth announcement, but all I've come up with is "Look who we found in our pumpkin patch." Any ideas? Thanks!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson

almostamom
10-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Congratulations! We'll be thinking of you on Monday. My sister was born on Halloween and my parents always referred to her as "our little pumpkin". We celebrated her b-day when she was in town a week ago and my mom still wrote on the card "our little pumpkin" (She'll be 40 on Monday!!!!) Personally, I think "Look who we found in the pumpkin patch" is ADORABLE!!! Best of luck to you :)

~Linda~
DS 11/04

s7714
10-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Oh the birthday parties you'll be able to throw for a Halloween baby! What fun! :D

I came across this site a couple weeks ago looking for photo insert cards. They have a few Halloween announements:
http://www.baby-announcements.com/halloween-holiday-birth-announcements.html
I think the Mummy one is kind of unique:
Jennifer is a "mummy" and Frank hears cries in the night.
They're both just wild about their new child--
A perfect Halloween delight!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

Puddy73
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the link - they have some really cute ones!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson

marcywench
10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I love it, too.

Be well, mama!

Mommy_Again
10-30-2005, 04:00 PM
http://www.peekaboopumpkin.com/

this site has a ton of cute pumpkin stationery items.

s_gosney
10-30-2005, 06:45 PM
I think the pumpkin ideas are cute. You could also do something like:

Ghosts, and witches, and goblins galore,
But instead an angel showed up at our door.

LOL...sorry. Poetry is not my gift. Good luck to you tomorrow!

jd11365
10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!!

bostonsmama
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Good luck and best wishes tomorrow! I hope it all goes well.

I think the "pumpkin patch" idea sounds great since it's not too "Halloween-y" since family/friends won't receive the announcements for another week or so. But the "mummy and dad hears cries in the night" idea is soooooo cute.

Larissa

kaylinsmommy2
10-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Wow! How exciting that you'll meet your baby! Best wishes! I also really love "look who we found in our pumpkin patch." very cute!
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]

CiderLogan
10-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Good luck today, and congratulations! I think "our little pumpkin" and "look who we found in the pumpkin patch" are both adorable!

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another one due 5/29/06!