PDA

View Full Version : Quick sleep question

buddyleebaby
10-30-2005, 10:28 AM
DD has been rolling over for a couple of weeks but has only been rolling over in her sleep the last three days or so.
Am I supposed to keep rolling her back to her back or do I just let sleeping baby lie?
Thanks!

cbm
10-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Personally, if she is able to roll back and forth and can raise her head, I would just let her sleep in whichever position she chooses. But it depends on how comfortable you are with that decision. Your sleeping arrangements may make a difference as well. Does she go back to her preferred position if you move her on her back? Do you end up waking her up when you move her? Are you getting any sleep? You may want to think about these questions to decide what actually works for you.
My DS sleeps on his stomach. He has for quite sometime. However, he has reflux and that position works best for him. If you haven't already gone to the 4 month appointment, then talk to your pediatrician when you go. S/he should be able to give you some advice and reassurance.

Claudia

DS 12/18/04

bcky2
10-30-2005, 11:32 AM
i agree that it is whatever is comfortable for you. our ped said as soon as they can roll over on their own not to worry if they roll to their tummys. i never rolled my boys back over but then again my older ds slep on his tummy from about 1 month on due to really bad reflux. if it keeps you up at night then i would go ahead and just roll her back over.

JBaxter
10-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Let her sleep :) If she wants to roll back over she will. All 3 of my boys were belly sleepers. Thats the only way they slept for 7+ hrs was on their tummies.

juliasmom05
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
When DD first started rolling over, I would roll her back over because she was so unhappy and it made me a little nervous. But she would immediately roll back onto her tummy anyway. After the first day or two, I stopped rolling her back over, and now she almost always sleeps on her tummy.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

buddyleebaby
10-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Your avatar is so cute!