PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy (SPOILER)

jamsmu
10-30-2005, 11:00 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******

UGH!!!!!!!!!!! So disappointed that Meredith and McDreamy aren't going to work out!!! He was supposed to hold a radio under her window!!!!!!

And what an otherwise sweet and sad epi.

ILoveLT
10-30-2005, 11:27 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************
It was very good today! So sad about Meredith but I kind of like the wife-- she is so smart and strong and bitchy! What a great character for an actress to play!

Toba
10-31-2005, 12:32 AM
There's another good spoiler about this ... I don't want to spill it unless you're willing ...

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

urquie
10-31-2005, 03:10 AM
spill please :)

hez
10-31-2005, 07:34 AM
> And what an otherwise sweet and sad epi.

Been awhile since a TV show made me cry (that's why I quit watching ER) :(

Mommy_Again
10-31-2005, 09:00 AM
I know another spoiler, too (might be the same one you know) - I heard that initially he picks his wife but eventually McDreamy and Meredith will work out.

Last night's episode was SOOOOO good. I can't even express how much I love that show. The whole "if love were enough, I'd still be here" thing was great.

g-mama
10-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Ohhhhh, this week was so good. I was so tired and couldn't believe I stayed up for it but was so glad that I did. That is absolutely my favorite show. Love it.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a *THIRD BOY* coming in December '05

aliceinwonderland
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes, very good episode, Grey's Anatomy is BACK!

I too am glad he picked the wife. I really like her and really dislike Meredith for some reason.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-31-2005, 10:21 AM
>Been awhile since a TV show made me cry (that's why I quit
>watching ER) :(

i was also crying, but it doesnt take much, i am very sensitive. The show was great! I was not really into it last year but this year i need to watch it. No more late sunday nights for me~~

Ilana

squimp
10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree - it's been a patchy year, but there have been several really good episodes. I like all the tension, and it takes good writing to keep that up.

I don't dislike Meredith, but really hated her "pick me, love me" speech. I want to hate the wife, but am having a hard time. Love McDreamy though.

I do hate crying over TV!

aliceinwonderland
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah, and Meredith's voice is super-annoying too.

saschalicks
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
You know I thought that might happen. That would be great.

Sarah1
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I think if Meredith and McDreamy got together at this point, the show would lose something. This way, there's more potential for conflict. You know that things aren't over between them--we can look forward to a lot of interesting tension!

Toba
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Yup, that's the spoiler I heard too .... short term, a lot of folks would be disappointed (it seems the majority of Grey's fans want Meredith and McDreamy together), but the future is *all about Meredith*!

One of the BEST shows on TV right now, if not *the* best show.

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba
10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Even if they get back together (which they do, see the above spoiler), that doesn't mean there won't be a lot of tension! ;)

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

icunurse
10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Darn it! We went away for the weekend and forgot to set the VCR. I thought it was a reurn, but apparently not. What happended?! Details, please!
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

bostonsmama
10-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh my, it was so good. Here's a play-by-play as best as I can remember (SPOILER ALERT)

It starts off with the gang (Meredith & roommates) still at the bar waiting for McDreamy to walk through the door. All of the sudden everyone's pagers start going off. They turn on the news and see the train wreck. They all go back to the hospital after having worked a full 30-hr shift (very tired) and the residents vy for the most gruesome cases for the most experience in surgery. (IN the meantime you see Dr. Shepherd actually show up at the bar finally...leaving us thinking he chose Meredith, but although Meredith hears from a friend he went there, she's not sure it was to "pick" her.) So, Christina Yang gets the severred leg case w/ the chief surgeon (but can't find the right leg to attach). Isobel gets placed w/ a pregnant burn patient along w/ Dr. Shepherd's wife (and struggles as to whether she should hate her in honor of her best friend, Meredith). Geeky George gets the two patients on the pole (skewered through their insides) along w/ Dr. Shepherd. Alex (b/c he flaked out on the heart surgery last episode due to self-doubt and failing that part of the med exam) gets put on "stitches" duty in the ER where he is openly criticized for being too young and stupid by patients. One of the passengers dies and it's the last straw (Alex has lost his ego/bravado). To win back his ego he finds the correct leg Yang was looking for and steals it and takes it to the chief of surgery (Dr. Webber) and scrubs in, getting kudos for his good work and pissing of Yang b/c that was her patient.

Meredith nurses her hangover, then joins Dr. Shep w/ the pole people (a pretty young blonde and a kindly African American gentleman). The dilemma is that if the pole gets moved either way, one person will die. The blonde is young and engaged to be married, the man has been married for many years-but his injuries are less extensive than the girl's. Dr. Shep, George and finally a sober Meredith start making plans to tell the pole patients what is going to happen during surgery and how one of them (the blonde) is likely not going to make it. She willingly accepts her fate to save her new friend on the pole and asks Dr. Shep to pass on a sweet message to her fiance who can't get to the hospital before they need to operate. Dr. Shep has a hard time with the news and not being able to save her. While scrubbing up, Dr. Shep tells Meredith that he chose his wife (much to all of our surprises!!) and leaves Meredith in shock. On the operating table, the blonde starts crashing, and in a meager attempt to save her after they remove the pole, the surgeons leave the blonde as she desats and start working on the man. Meredith is left with the blonde alone asking aloud, "What about her? You can't just discard her and let her die? What about the girl?" It's largely symbolic of how she feels about what Dr. Shep did to her. Within a couple of seconds the blonde passes on and the other docs (Burke, Shep & George) save the man on the pole's life. Dr. Shep said the famous, "If love was enough, she'd still be here" message to pass on to the blonde's fiance. That's also "symbolic" of Dr. Shep and meredith's relationship. The pregnant burn victim gives birth along w/ her best friend (attended by Isobel and Dr Shep's wife, who has a "talk" with Isobel about how she can choose to move past the fact that Derek chose his wife and not her friend...or she could choose to hate her). That's when Shep's wife says Isobel has potential in fetal medicine/Obstetrics and has a lot to learn from her.

Very good episode, hope I didn't leave anything out.

I love this show! Haven't missed a single episode.

jamsmu
10-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Just curious, was the blonde girl Keeley from (hee hee) Phil of the Future?

Emmas Mom
10-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Excellent recap! I would only add there were many one liners that were part of what make this show so endearing. I loved the short little conversation when Christina's running around looking for the leg & pages Burke to help her because he's her boyfriend. He basically smiles & tells her he's not her boyfriend at work & the look on her face was just too funny I thought.

I'm really thinking I like this show more than Deperate Housewives & Alias (my other two favorite shows!). And I was so shocked Shepard chose the wife but I guess I'm not surprised. I do hope he ends up with Meredith though. ;)

bostonsmama
10-31-2005, 10:36 PM
It's so true that the dialogue and scripting are fantastic. It's finally becoming very much like ER but with more yummy side plots. It's not that George Clooney wasn't hot, but Patrick Dempsey is my new crush. SHhhh! Don't tell my husband!

Anyways...I think Sandra Oh really makes the show. Her acting skills are amazing. I hope the stars become rich and famous like the cast of Friends, and that they're able to command really good salaries b/c of high viewership. Hmm...with the way people are talking about the decline of Desperate Housewives, I wouldn't be surprised if the next season of Grey's Anatomy gets a new time slot (earlier perhaps?). Great show!

L

jerseygirl07067
10-31-2005, 10:59 PM
<<but Patrick Dempsey is my new crush>>

I'm with ya there! What a hottie.

Marcy

kellij
10-31-2005, 11:02 PM
I love it too! I figured he'd pick his wife so they'd be able to draw it out longer. I think Meredith needs to date another guy so he'll get jealous. By the way, her voice drives me crazy too!

mommy_someday
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Good grief, did I bawl my eyes out last night! What a sad, sad episode. Didn't help that it's that time of the month either. ;)

Love this show!

lizajane
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM
i am a total weirdo. i like her voice. huh. go figure.

and i loved, "pick me. choose me. love me." i think it was very raw and honest. so straightforward. very 'nuff said."

mommy_someday
10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, Liza, I'm in the weirdo camp with you because I find her voice very interesting. And the speech...well, let's just say it reminded me of a few of my own raw and honest (and humiliating) moments.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone! :P

squimp
11-01-2005, 02:40 AM
It's funny because in a weird way it reminds me of Sex in the City more than any other show. Instead of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha, we have Meredith, George, Izzy and the Sandra Oh character. Definitely more character development than recent ER. More like early ER, but with more bite and less schmalz (well, maybe a close race, considering this week's tearjerker). I hope they keep it up for a while.

squimp
11-01-2005, 02:40 AM
It's funny because in a weird way it reminds me of Sex in the City more than any other show. Instead of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha, we have Meredith, George, Izzy and the Sandra Oh character. Definitely more character development than recent ER. More like early ER, but with more bite and less schmalz (well, maybe a close race, considering this week's tearjerker). I hope they keep it up for a while.