PDA

View Full Version : Livie and Luca Shoes - Private Sale for BBB

cara1
10-31-2005, 01:00 AM
See my posts in Reality Layette, Co-ops, and Bargains. Sale starts 10/31. Is anyone else interested? I contacted the owners about a co-op, figuring a lot of us would be interested. No one seems to have indicated that they are participating. Just curious why not. BTW, the sizing is not what you think. It's not just regular Euro sizing. The largest size is about a US size 7.

Judegirl
10-31-2005, 01:28 AM
Hi, Cara. I went looking for your threads on this in order to offer you something. I hadn't seen any of them before, so I checked out the Livie & Lucia site for the first time. Here are my guesses as to why lots of people aren't biting yet.

1. 10% isn't great for the savvy comsumers at BBB.

2. I did a search and there aren't rave reviews for their shoes - some people think they're cute, but I didn't find anything that indicated that people were blown away by the quality or fit.

3. They're limited in scope - you pretty much have to have a girl and you have to like Mary Janes. You also have to live in a mild or warm climate, since it's almost winter otherwise. That may just be me, but I wouldn't put my kid in MJs during an East Coast winter. (I know there were a couple of other styles, but mostly Mary Janes.)

4. If I were going to buy Mary Janes, I think SKR's are much, much cuter, and also cheaper, and we know lots of great things about that brand already.

I'm sorry you went through the trouble...are you an MDC memebr? Maybe there's interest over there? Still, though, personally, I don't pay much mind to 10% co-ops...greedy, I guess. ;)

HTH,
Jude

ellies mom
10-31-2005, 02:04 AM
I think they are absolutely adorable. I think the price is good and quite honestly a lot of the companies that offer co-ops only offer 10-15%. My problem is that it looks like they run wide and their sizing is kind of wonky. DD has narrow, difficult to fit feet, so really prefer to buy her shows IRL. Too bad really though. She can't wear SKRs and these are similar in style. Thanks for setting it up though. Hopefully more people will show interest. By the way this is the first I saw of it but I've been skipping most of the forums lately.

stefani
11-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I am trying to decide whether to get one for DS or not.

If anyone has it, would you mind posting a review? I guess I am a little hesitant because I don't quite know about the quality, fit, etc., and returning it is a pain of course. I love SKRs and I just bought a 4th pair recently. DS is a hard to fit, chubby ankles, high instep and wide feet, and seems particular about comfort. I like flexible soles and particular about comfort myself. So once I found something that works well, it is hard to change!

I think I might just get a black Paulo for DS, but that will be the only one, since he is going from 6 to 6.5 already, so I am getting him size 18 (the largest size they offer currently), which is US size 7. I'll post a review when I get it.

Thanks for putting together the co-op though. Yes, 10% isn't that great, but better than nothing, LOL! A discount on shipping will be nice, too.

MrsZaz
11-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I have a 3 yr old and a 1 year old and the one year old is already in a 6 - so this won't work for us. Plus there are limited boy choices. I see people talkinmg about SKR's - what are they? I'm not familiar with them?

Thanks

Colleen

stefani
11-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi Colleen,

SKR is See Kai Run, see www.seekairun.com.

They are sold in retail stores, but also a number of online stores.
Last month Dandelion Baby (www.dandelionbaby.com) had a 15% off sale, I don't know about current sale code.

I love SKR for my son, but it runs wide, so it doesn't fit all children. The leather is buttery soft, and the styles are quite cute. We get a lot of compliments for them. The ones I have are: Kai Kai, Devon, Oscar, Jack. I am waiting for Spring to get Marek (sandals). The sandals run about 0.5 size larger according to others.

HTH!

Oregonmother
11-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Also check the thread in reality layette. There is a online site offering 20% off and free shipping. These are awesome shoes. We have about 5 pairs and I am so sad because DS is already to a size 9, and that is as high as the sizing goes. Not sure what I'll do once he grows out of 9's.

stefani
11-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Wow, 20% off and free shipping is a great deal!
Hm, I am tempted to get DS another pair then, LOL!

Thanks for mentioning this.

I can understand how you are sad that your DS is already at size 9. I had pondered that question myself. Fortunately my DS is wearing size 6, but of course I now buy size 7. Some styles also only goes to size 8, like my favorite, Kai Kai.