PDA

View Full Version : To parents of binky-addicts...there is hope!

jd11365
10-31-2005, 11:03 PM
I remember posting once about Kayla's binky addiction...how I thought she would need a 12 step program to get rid of it.

Well, we didn't. She, um, just didn't use it one night, and that was the end of it. I was stunned.

To preface, I told her she was going to go ni-night without the binky. I said, "Ok?" with a big smile on my face, and she nodded and said, "Ok mommy!" with a big smile on her face. Of course I thought it was all a bunch of hogwash, but figured let's see...

The rest is history. It's been a week. I didn't want to post right away, just in case.

Of course I'm knocking wood now...watch tomorrow she'll be screaming for it. ;)

Really though, I'm not posting for any congrats, just to show others there is hope! I remember Neve recently posted a thread like this too, and I know Tristan was an addict as well. Amazing what happens when they start growing up!

Tell your children the first step is to admit they have a problem... :P

ribbit1019
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
It is a wonderful thing when the binky is gone. That is wonderful that it was so easy for Kayla!

Maddy wasn't so easy, but a lot of that had to do with her age, I think. She was off the binky by the end of June. But it was wonderful when we didn't need it anymore.

Now I just need to convince little man that he doesn't need one.....lol!

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preggo_Pals/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=0

Marisa6826
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
That's exactly what Sophie did. One night when we went to put her to bed after Mia was born, she handed it back to me and said, "No. For Mia!" That was it!

Strange birds these toddlers are, huh?

Now, if we can only get Kayla to keep her pants on in mixed company... :P

-m

hez
11-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Yay!

Momof3Labs
11-01-2005, 09:35 AM
We've made *some* progress, too! DS traded all of his pluggies for Hot Wheels without batting an eye, but then at bedtime decided that he really needed one of the four back. He's going through a lot lately - dropping his nap, trying to move to a big boy bed, trying to potty train - and I figured that if he was ready to give it up, great, but I wasn't going to take it away from him.

He's been campaigning for another trip to WDW, so maybe that will be the currency that we need to conquer some of these things. Never mind that we're planning another trip in a year, regardless!

So, I agree, there is hope!

lfp2n
11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow- there is hope for the hopeless addicts.

DH is on my case to stop the binkie or dunners as DD calls it. Somehow since I started talking up the 'babies have them' and 'soon you won't need it', she has to have 2. One for the mouth and one for the hand. Every morning she wakes at 6, goes mum I need you, and I have to find the damn thing and put it back in, where she promptly goes back to sleep for an hour. If only I had will power myself at that time of day.

Lucy DD 3/03

Moneypenny
11-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes, it's the 4 am requests that are getting us, too. It's just so darn easy to give it back to her then and get another hour or two of sleep. Sigh.
Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
We made it to a year!

daniele_ut
11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
>Yes, it's the 4 am requests that are getting us, too. It's
>just so darn easy to give it back to her then and get another
>hour or two of sleep. Sigh.
>Susan

This is the reason I am so reluctant to take Logan's away. He's SUCH a good sleeper right now!

mamalou
11-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Hooray Jaime and Kayla!

Now if someone could post some encouragement for the mamas of thumb-addicts, I'd be most appreciative :)

SewSarahSew
11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
>Now if someone could post some encouragement for the mamas of
>thumb-addicts, I'd be most appreciative :)
>

ditto!!