PDA

View Full Version : Gassy toddler?

June Mommy
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Sorry to be so blunt, but I've checked all my books and can't really find an answer. For the past several days DS (almost 16 months) has had terrible gas. It's pretty out of the ordinary for him. He's also had trouble sleeping. I know he's cutting molars right now, so could that be causing the trouble? He normally goes to sleep in his crib really well, but for the past 4-5 nights (and naptimes too) he screams if we try to lay him down, and falls right to sleep as long as we hold him. I've been giving him Mylicon at night, but I can't tell if it is helping or not.

Just to add a little more to the mix, he has also had a couple of really messy diapers over the past couple of days, so I wonder if he has an upset stomach. We thought the culprit may be his beloved Gerber Graduates freeze-dried apples, so we've cut those out for now. Is there anything else that could be wrong here? Or how can I treat the gas? I know I need to call the pediatrican, I will do that first thing in the morning...just thought I would check here in the meantime.

Judegirl
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
I was going to post the exact same question - 18-month old dd has been having a lot of gas pain during the night. I can't think of anything she's eating more of lately, but she's also cutting molars. And her dipes have been softer, messier.

Any ideas, anyone??

Jude