PDA

View Full Version : ideas for cat memorials?

jennifer860
11-02-2005, 10:14 PM
DH's cat died last week. He's talked about planting catnip or bulbs where she's buried. I'm going to try to find old pictures - the sad thing is we never really took cat pictures after DS was born. You guys are so thoughtful I just wanted to see if you have any other ways to celebrate the life of a furry friend.
TIA

mamamayi
11-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I bought some of those little white plastic fences that you put around flower gardens and made a square around my cat's grave. Then I planted flowers. I suppose it's not anything spectacular, but I buried her under a tree that she liked.

Radosti
11-02-2005, 11:45 PM
The plant nursery by me has a section with pet memorial stones. They are really tasteful. I went looking for them when my Rocky passed away. However, I got his ashes back in a beautiful tapestry box and he's sitting there on the mantel still. I think if we ever do bury his ashes (but he was my souldog, so might be buried with me when the time comes), it'll be under an apple tree with one of those memorial stones over his grave.

Radosti
11-02-2005, 11:59 PM
This is the stone I was going to get for my Rocky:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kay-Berry-Pet-Memorial-Stone-If-Love-Could-Have-Saved_W0QQitemZ7722297703QQcategoryZ46299QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

wimama
11-03-2005, 12:44 AM
My husband and I bought a garden cat statue from Smith & Hawken. We buried the ashes and placed the statue over it.

I like that the statue looks like a ordinary garden statue, and that others probally would not suspect it is a kitty memorial in our yard.

http://www.smithandhawken.com/jhtml/site/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=18647&CATID=79&PARENTCATID=17

They also have another cat carden statue

http://www.smithandhawken.com/jhtml/site/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=23675&CATID=79&PARENTCATID=17

It is hard to lose a furry friend. Our cats are a big part of our family.

TahliasMom
11-03-2005, 03:28 AM
when the family cat died few years ago, my parents buried the kitty's ashes by his favorite tree in the backyard and put a beautiful stone with the kitty's name and b-day. my mom planted a little rose garden around the whole thing. it's a very nice and simple momento...

zuzu
11-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for these links! One of our kitties passed away last summer and we've been trying to decide how to memorialize his life.

To the OP and others who posted, I'm sorry for your losses.

amp
11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry about the loss of your cat. We lost one this week, so I know how difficult it can be.

We've planted flowers over our two "boys" and that always makes me feel better. I like seeing life there, and I know they both liked munching our flowers, much to our dismay. Also, the plant I planted over the cat we buried 2 yrs ago was one I wasn't sure would come back, so I dried some of the petals and kept them.

there are also garden stones or stepstones out there that you can make or personalize. That's another idea. I just personally liked the idea of flowers and have stuck with it.