PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR thread

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
11-03-2005, 06:27 PM
are any of us watching Survivor????
who are you liking????

I like Stephanie, I honestly think she is just the coolest of the cool, so strong and level headed, I don't like her alliance with that one loud mouth guy but I like her a lot.

I also like the fish monger gal (forgot her name) but I think she is the oldest.

And oddly I never noticed him much at first but I also like the farmer guy...I think he is under the radar some. When they put him on camera he always looks so short and when next to people he is far from short. I think he looks kind of amish looking which might be (why I don't know) I am pulling for him. He just seems VERY natural.

I've lost much interest in other shows. Sadly don't even watch amazing race anymore even though I have visions of my family being on it!!!!

MelissaTC
11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Oooops!

MelissaTC
11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I have been watching (of course). Sadly, I too have given up on the AE (though that doesn't stop the DVR from recording it every week. ;) We have 2 weeks to catch up on).

On to Survivor....

I love Stephenie. She is pretty cool and I really want her to win. I wanted her to win last time. Sadly, I don't think she will. Bobby Jon has been getting on my nerves and I won't be sorry to see him go. I was sad to see Amy go. She had guts and grit and I liked her. I too don't like Judd. He is annoying and is digging his own grave. I feel the same way about Jamie. I like Rafe and Lydia as well. I am annoyed that Gary has lied about being an ex-NFL player. I think that is going to come back to bite him in the rear. Something about Danni and Cyndi annoys me, not sure what it is. Brandon is flying below the radar so who knows, maybe he will take it all. I am enjoying this season on Survivor, can you tell? ;)

billysmommy
11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Survivor is one of my favorites, I love Thursdays :)

Stephanie is my favorite by far. I loved her the last time around and still like her now. I would love to see her win :)

I did like the police woman who got voted out last week too. She was tough, she kept getting beaten up but kept playing hard.

My favorite guy is the farmer (I think his name is Brandon) but I also like Gary, the football player.

pb&j
11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm in this crazy Survivor pool - 18 players, each puts up $10 to play, and there are actually six different pools. We are randomly assigned a survivor, make weekly picks about reward, immunity and boot, make weekly picks about the winners, and also submit a boot order list at the beginning of the season, so you can win or lose money in any number of ways. So I definitely watch every week!

I really like Steph, and I was very sad to see Amy go - she was really tough and smart. I think Gary was silly for lying about the quarterback thing. I honestly don't think that anyone would have cared as much as he thinks they would have, but they sure will care that he's been lying to them all this while. Judd's getting on my nerves. I like Rafe and Lydia (the fishmonger).

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

wencit
11-03-2005, 07:55 PM
I, too, am rooting for Stephenie all the way.

Regarding Gary (the ex-NFL football player), I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it was so stupid of him to lie about being in the NFL. Several players have already indicated that they would have voted him out solely for the reason of him not "needing" the money. Past survivors have also been booted out for this exact reason (I believe there was a lawyer one season, and another guy who happened to mention a fancy car he drove). Right or wrong, survivors who have a lot of money are generally not looked upon favorably by other players.

Does anyone else think it was suspect that Danni immediately knew who Gary was? According to reports I've read, he was a backup quarterback (and a rather mediocre one at that) who barely got much playing time. She was also very young during his prime NFL years (less than 10 years old), so I think it's suspicious that she would recognize this guy only by face, many years after he retired from the sport. I realize she's a sports radio host, but it still seems kind of coincidental to me.

saschalicks
11-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Stephenie all the way. I wanted her to win last time, and I just keep praying every week she makes it another week. Bobby Jon always annoyed me and he still does. Judd will get his in the end. Rafe annoys, but I can't explain why. Yay Thursday night. I stopped watching Alias b/c it wasn't doing anything for me, but Survivor was... :)

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
See I agree Gary should keep close mouthed...youngsters have turned on those who they think "have money"...though being an ex NFL player does not mean you have money.

Danni bugs me...I don't know why...
I don't like how she dresses with her pants all hanging down on her she almost looks like she is nude!!!

ribbit1019
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I am in a pool too! Though not quite as complicated...lol. I was Brian so I got voted off a couple of weeks ago, DH was Blake so we are both out of it. The first time I did a pool I drew the name of the guy that was the first survivor to quit. I don't remember his name....you think that would have been enough for me to quit!

Anyway, I want Steph to win. Lydia is fun, but quiet. Judd is annoying, but I think that is what I like to call "jungle stress"
Margaret was suffering from it too. Just makes the game more interesting to watch. :)

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preggo_Pals/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=0

jhaud
11-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm with the majority... love stephanie, as i did last time. i also like lydia and now that it's individual immunities she is more likely to go farther as she isn't much of a threat in the challenges. i find judd, bobby jon and jamie annoying - must be all of the strutting they do! i understand why gary's keeping his secret, but feel the way the editing is done is probably why it has become such an issue.

i love my thursday night tv!! it even helped motivate me into working on a better schedule for dd! survivor and lost are my only must-sees these days!

jennifer

jennifer

Mikesa3
11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Plus Danni's stomach is gross.;( I rather have my little pudge belly. I hope Steph wins but it's doubtful.It would be great if she find the immunity in the forest.Then she'd be safe for awhile. Jamie needs to go.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

new_mommy25
11-04-2005, 03:19 AM
I have to admit that I cannot stand Stephanie at all. What a whiner!! Everytime they lose she goes round and round blaming and crying but nothing is ever her fault. Just my opinion of course. :)

I want to put an IV in Danni. She is so skinny! But she seems really nice and is a good competitor.

I really don't like Judd, Jamie, or Bobby Jon. Too much testosterone.

I personally like Rafe. He has good potential to win because he flies under the radar. But he seems to do very little around camp so maybe he doesn't deserve it as much?

I really liked Farmer Boy and was sorry to see him go.

Right now I'm pulling for Gary or Lydia.

cmdunn1972
11-04-2005, 10:11 AM
ITA. Something about Gary makes me like him, and I understand why he'd want to keep his NFL background on the down-low. Not only does he 'already have money' from it, but he'd be regarded as more of a physical threat as well as a result. He'd be smart to ally himself with Danni, who could blow his cover which could blow up in his face. On that note, I respect that Danni can keep her mouth shut on Gary's big secret. I wonder if perhaps she saw him at a recent event or at least saw a recent photo of him?

I like Steph the most. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's her personality, since she doesn't have any personal characteristics that I find annoying. Besides, she's the underdog, so she seems approachable (or at least easy to relate to).

amp
11-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Yep, we're still watching! I was on the edge of my seat last night when Jamie and Bobby John kept going at it verbally. I was just waiting for one of them to lose it!

And DH and I both love Steph! We've loved her since the last season and nearly cried when she got voted off. Seriously, she rocks! She's smart, beautiful, athletic and can compete w/ the best of them! She is a fierce comptetitor!

saschalicks
11-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Anyone else feel that way last night? His mouth is just too much.

crayonblue
11-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I watch every week! Jamie is probably my least favorite Survivor ever. He is just so rude and negative. I like Gary, although I wish he hadn't lied about the NFL thing. I like Danni ok. I really liked Stephanie last season, but not so much this season. DH would like to see Stephanie versus Gary in the finale.

I think the fish monger gal hasn't gotten much tv time. I think I would like her but I feel like I don't know a thing about her.

As far as Danni's stomach (as was mentioned in a post above), I would LOVE to have a flat stomach like that!!!!

crayonblue
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
No, I don't find that suspect. My DH is a sports freak and knows every statistic about every baseball player ever. If he was that into football, I'm sure he would know who Gary was. So, if Danni is a sports radio host, it doesn't surprise me.