PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cookie exchange invite

HGraceMom
11-05-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm working on my Christmas Cookie Exchange invitation - It needs to go in the mail in about 10 days, to arrive in time for the early party... This is the general format I'd like to follow (a recipe card) but it doesn't look enough like a recipe to me. Any suggestions?

TIA!
-------------------------------

Recipe: Christmas Cookie Exchange
Yield: 4 dozen exchange cookies

12 friends & neighbors
4 doz favorite Christmas Cookies
to taste holiday cheer

set timer to 7:00pm Thursday, December 1. Bake 4 dozen favorite Christmas cookies pre-party. Bring along container for safe cookie transport. Add cocktails, conversation, and holiday music.

Yield: A beautiful tray of Christmas cookies to share through the season

Mommy_Again
11-05-2005, 09:40 AM
here are my suggestions- I took out the first yield since you had two and you mention 4 dozen cookies in a few different places. Do you want people to bring serving trays, too? When you say "add cocktails", I am not sure if you want people to bring their own or if you will provide. Also- do you want people to bring copies of their recipes? I've seen this done at some exchanges. Love the idea- very creative!

Recipe: Christmas Cookie Exchange

Ingredients:
1 enthusiastic baker or baking family
4 dozen of your favorite Christmas Cookies
12 friends & neighbors
2 hours of holiday cheer

Directions:
-Set timer to 7:00pm Thursday, December 1.
-Bake 4 dozen favorite Christmas cookies.
-Bring along container for safe cookie transport.
-Serve on tray or platter of your choosing (optional).
-After arriving at party location, add cocktails, conversation, and holiday music.

Yield: A beautiful tray of Christmas cookies to share through the season

HGraceMom
11-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks, that's much improved over my first try... which was just typed as a quick draft at 7am... thus the foggy general idea.