PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Baby cream?

MrsZaz
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I just noticed that my one year old's skins seems really dry all of a sudden. Does anyone have a baby cream or regular cream that they swear by? Preferable somethng without a scent.

Thanks

Colleen

katerinasmom
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. It comes in a tub.
My daughter's pediatric dermatologist recommended it when she was two months old and we discovered that she has some mild eczema and generally very dry skin (both inherited from her father).
We slather it on twice a day. I love it. It's not greasy and doesn't stain her clothes. It absorbs quickly. It is fragrance free and safe for all over her body - from the cheeks on her face to the cheeks on her booty. The only downside is that it can be a tad expensive - about $10 for the larger tub at Costco, about $12-15 for the smaller tub in your local drugstore.

We also wash her with Dove soap (also recommended by the dermatologist).

aliceinwonderland
11-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Burt's Bees makes a nice baby creme, whose name escapes me at the moment... I use the babyoil, which I think it's made by Tom's of Maine but packaged by Earth's Best.

table4three
11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
My DS has dry skin as well and we have found Aveeno baby lotion to work well. It is unscented and supposed to be hypoallergenic.

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

octmom
11-07-2005, 12:31 PM
We've used California Baby's Calendula Cream (just a dab will do) for overall moisturizing when DS's face seemed dry. And Aquaphor or Lansinoh on particularly stubborn spots, but those ointments don't vanish into the skin like the California Baby cream.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but expecting a C/S in March

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

kelly ann
11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
We use Aquaphor on DS before he puts his PJs on at night. It has no scent, but really is not a cream.

ykc
11-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the tub for all over. Aquaphor for particularly chapped areas, like the cheeks after a day out in the middle of winter. It's also good for red, raw noses when anyone has a cold!