PDA

View Full Version : Artwork by children's book illustrators in charity auction on Ebay

tiapam
11-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to point out this online auction for charity that features wooden snowflakes created by children's book illustrators:

http://robertssnow.com/index.php

You can get more info and link to the Ebay auctions from there. Or use this link to Ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZredspectralQQhtZ-1

The first ones up are already getting kind of pricey, but I thought someone might be looking for an unusual gift for the holidays. More will be going up (every Sunday, I think, through Dec. 11) as the old ones end.

I hope it's ok to post this here!

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

missym
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for posting this! I meant to and then saw your thread. I hope everyone will check out the links.

Not only are these beautiful original works of art, they benefit a great cause: sarcoma research. Sarcomas are rare overall but unfortunately not among kids - they comprise 20% of pediatric cancer cases. They're often misdiagnosed and mistreated, and are deadly dangerous, especially to children. Research and education is vital to improving survival rates.

I hope to win a snowflake in honor of the kids from my online support group; they are such an inspiration as they fight this terrible disease. We've lost too many in the 2 years I've been on the list, including:
Jared, 17, who ran cross country almost until the end and amazed his doctors with his stamina and strength.
Allie, 11, who loved horses and was at her best when flying over jumps on her pony, Windy. Her angel wings were hard-earned through an extremely painful battle with synovial sarcoma.
Jaya, who successfully battled cancer as a preschooler, only to succomb to radiation-induced sarcoma at 14. She went to bed each night saying what a lucky girl she was, and passed with a smile on her face.

This disease doesn't play fair, and it deserves to have its a$$ kicked. Anyone who donates to that effort is a hero in my book.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05
and sarcoma survivor since 2003

tiapam
11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Bumping.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004