PDA

View Full Version : OT: What's your favorite song right now?

ErinMC
11-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I've fallen in love with a sweet, sappy song (not usually my style!) called "Home" by Michael Buble, and it's currently on repeat on my iPod! I only heard it yesterday for the first time, and I already have the words memorized, ha ha. I have to admit that it's a nice change from the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" that's usually running through my head :-)

I rarely LOVE a song, so I'm wondering what everyone else is loving, too. So please share!

Erin

Mom to Chase
Feb. 2004

BillK
11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm diggin "Live Forever" by Billy Joe Shaver right now.

jbowman
11-07-2005, 09:28 PM
DH and I are huge Shaver fans and I adore that song, it's soooo beautiful! Love Shaver--we'll salute him as we drive through Waco this weekend ;)!

ETA: I have been digging Richard Thompson's cover of "Oops, I Did It Again," old Randy Travis (shhhh!), Elton John's "Tiny Dancer," Tom Waits' "Nighthawks" (always, LOL), and Badfinger's "No Matter What." I could go on and on (I am a one-hit wonder freak!), but I'll stop ;)!

Lynnie
11-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Let's see, I'd have to say mine is

"I need a lover who won't drive me crazy"

or maybe that old classic,

"P#ss me off, you F%$^ing jerk"

Sorry, I think I need to stay in the bitching post a while longer until I cool down at the H...

Actually, I really like that song too. I agree that it is on the sappy side, but I find it kinda peaceful and nice. There's another one that I find really nice, but I can't think of it. I'll post when I do, and will keep an eye on this post to find some more calming/uplifting songs. :)

pb&j
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Ben Lee's "catch my disease" and "gamble everything for love." I saw him when he opened for Aimee Mann and thought he was just the cutest thing ever.

Also, anything by Lucinda Williams, especially her song "side of the road," which has lots of personal meaning.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

bostonsmama
11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Erin, I love the song "Home." I first heard it on a movie...can't quite put my name on it but it's definitely a rental now (Is it a wedding movie?? like The Wedding Date?...)

Anyways, I don't have an absolute favorite right now, but I have been enjoying the duet between Willie Nelson and Norah Jones. DH loves country (NOT my favorite genre of music), but this is one song we both enjoy dancing to on the living room floor.

Larissa

ErinMC
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Larissa - YES! It's from The Wedding Date, which I watched yesterday when I wasn't feeling well (while DH took DS to his parents' for dinner to give me a break). That's where I first heard it.

Erin

Mom to Chase
Feb. 2004

jerseygirl07067
11-08-2005, 01:29 AM
'Better Now' by Collective Soul. It's actually the one from the Special K commerical, but sounds way better in its entirety.

Marcy

cilantromapuche
11-08-2005, 06:16 AM
I am so provinical compared to you guys. I can't get the music from the "Goodnight Gorilla" DVD out of my head. I keep on telling DH I need to find out who composed that and get it.

Christine

mama to A (7/03)

Calmegja2
11-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Ben Lee's Catch My Disease (they play it on Grey's Anatomy), Nickelback's Photograph, Weezer's Beverly Hills.

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2005, 11:00 AM
DH loves that "Catch my diesease" tune...

My fave right now is a song whose title and author i cannot recall and it;s driving me nuts. It is playing in my head now...It was in a car commercial briefly too....

Edit: DH found it for me: Citizen Cope's "Son's Gonna Rise"

MelissaTC
11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes"; Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day CD; Gorillaz "Feel Good Inc.".

Corie
11-08-2005, 03:41 PM
My husband and I went to see Michael Buble in
concert about a month ago. He was absolutely
wonderful!! So wonderful, in fact that I told
my husband if Michael pulls me up on stage to just
go on home without me. I *might* be home in the
morning!! :)