PDA

View Full Version : HersheyPark Candylane

Melissap
11-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Has anyone done this? We've been to HersheyPark in the summer, but never for Christmastime. It looks nice from the website, but I was wondering if it's worth it and if my kids, ages 2 and 4, would enjoy it.

TIA for any advice!

brittone2
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
It is fun!! I shouldn't say that because it has been many years since I've been there (10+) but I always enjoyed it.

When I was in high school this was a common "date" to go on near the holidays LOL ;)

Anyway, what I remember is that there are tons of lights and decorations, they had some rides open, and you could take the tour of the factory (do they still have that? It is like a ride almost, but a 2 and 4 year old would probably like it!).

I haven't been there in years but it was always a fun time when I went in the past. I don't remember how much of it is kid friendly though as I wasn't yet a mom when I was there...

pl71
11-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I went there last year with an 18 month old and will probably go again this year. It's a really big event now and draws quite a crowd. I used to go as a kid in the 80s and it was basically just a couple displays and the merry-go-round. Now, almost all the rides are open except the rollercoasters and water rides. You can buy tickets to go on just a few rides or get a wrist strap for unlimited rides. This is really nice when you have little ones since parents don't have to pay at all if you don't go on any rides. There are a few rides you can all go on, like the merry-go-round, the train, and the monorail. They have a decent number of kids rides which a 2 and 4 year old could do alone. There's lots of lights to see, my DS liked that. Just take a stroller (it's fairly hilly) and plenty of warm clothes.

Chocolate World is open during the event and it's free, but when I went it was unbelievably crowded. It was definitely not worth dealing with the people for that part. It's always free and open most of the year, so do that some other time.

Patty

jvorhis
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
We are going this year. My inlaws take my nephew every year, he is 5. They always have a great time. I think this year Emma will really enjoy it.