PDA

View Full Version : no antibiotics after c/s????

cchavez
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
I went to a breastfeeding class last wk. and the lc recommded that I not receive antibiotics after my c/s to ward off the thrush that I experienced w/ DS. I don't know if my doctor will agree to this??? I already am monitoring my sugar levels due to GD so this might help me keep away the thrush....Plus I am taking acidophilus and eating lots of yogurt. But I would love not to have to take the antibiotics...any advice??? TIA!

sntm
11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, for most "clean" operations, you at most do only a single dose in the OR. I think it is reasonable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 2 years & counting

amp
11-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't know, but I know my hospital and ob insisted on antibiotics during the CS. I had them for awhile in the hospital, but none when I came home after that. Wish I could tell you more.

Ok, maybe it was just during surgery. Heck, they could have put anything in my iv and I wouldn't have had a clue! I just know i had it during the event.

table4three
11-08-2005, 03:53 PM
The standard is generally one dose of iv antibiotics during the surgery and that's it. You only get antibiotics after surgery if you develop an infection. GOod luck! :)

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

lilycat88
11-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I didn't have any antibiotics except the ones during the actual c/s. Nothing in the hospital or at home until I did develop a wound infection about 2.5 weeks later.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

cchavez
11-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Well, I only had one dose too.....does anyone know how much that might attribute to the thrush???

TIA!

ETA: I think my body is just very susceptible to yeast infections since I usually get them when I am antibiotics....