PDA

View Full Version : Color or B&W Christmas Card?

ciaobella
11-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I must say that I normally defer to color, but B&W is so timeless. Please let me know which you prefer!

I just wanted to add that they are not formatted perfectly ... I was just trying to prepare for this "test" :) I am not 100% sure that I am in love with the card either, but it is a starting place!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/30553.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/30554.jpg

KBecks
11-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I think the color gives it more life. Great job on the card!

bcky2
11-12-2005, 11:21 AM
when i look at it something just seem "off" with the black and white one, like the color borders are too bright or something, i just cant seem to put my finger on it. then again it could just be my eyes :) either way you have a beautiful family!

dr mom
11-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Another vote for color - switching to B&W can minimize visual background "clutter" but you have three great photos that work well in color. I love the one of all three of you! I remember when you were trying to pick a family photo, and this was definitely everyone's favorite, with DS leaning forward and that big grin on his face. Your DS has a great smile!

mommyj_2
11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
I like the color one. You are such a cute family!

kensjen
11-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Definitely the color! Great photos, and such a beautiful family!

jd11365
11-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I agree, great card! I think the color makes it pop and prefer it to the B&W for this this particular card. You have a beautiful family!

papal
11-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Colour Colour!
Love the card! Great job! Not that you asked, but I am thinking the primary colour borders would look nicer if they were muted a little? Just a thought!

tarahsolazy
11-13-2005, 12:28 PM
I think the color pics are better, especially with the nice colored borders, which I also like.

houseof3boys
11-15-2005, 09:33 PM
What about the center photo in color and the ones on the sides in b/w?

ETA: Great pics, btw. :)

ciaobella
11-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Thank you all so much for the feedback and the compliments!

Yes, Cindy, you are correct - this is the family photo that I asked for help choosing a while back. It also has found itself into a beautiful frame and is hanging above our fireplace.

Rashmi, I think I will try muting the color a bit on the borders to see what effect that has, especially on the B&W version. The "love" photo of our family is a definite, but the others are still place holders. I am going to be taking lots of photos over the next several weeks to see if I can capture "peace" or "joy" - otherwise I will stick with these photos.

I think that I am going to print it out as a 5x7 photo (not as an actual card). Last year I sent another "insert" of DS in a 4x6 format. I am going to try to get a picture of him playing with the Christmas lights when we pull them out at Thanksgiving for that photo.

Thanks again for the feedback and the sweet comments about my family -I am quite partial! ;)

pixelprincess
11-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Lovely family! Nice job mama.

Looks like I am in the minority with a preference for the b/w card. IMO if your borders were thinner, almost less than half the current width the pics would stand out quite a bit more. I do agree that b/w images have a timeless quality.