PDA

View Full Version : Hey LARISSA (bostonsmama), Did you find your TURKEY DEAL yet??

Corie
11-13-2005, 10:32 AM
I read in one of your posts in the Thanksgiving
menu thread that you are on the hunt every year
for a Turkey Deal.

(I think you said that you got $10 off your turkey
last year after buying Heineken.) My husband would
love this deal !! :)

So, have you found any great deals yet??

DebbieJ
11-13-2005, 12:45 PM
My sister and I were talking about turkey deals yesterday. I am buying the turkey this year, so I need a good deal! The lowest I've seen so far is 79 cents a pound.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

bunnisa
11-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I saw a frozen turkey yesterday for $0.56/lb and fresh for $0.98/lb. Pretty good for a week & a half out from Thanksgiving.

In the past I've seen them go down to $0.28ish/lb.

ps. If you have the freezer space, buy an extra or two! They won't be this cheap again all year.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

octmom
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I just saw a special at our local Harris Teeter for 19 cents/ pound for a frozen turkey with VIC card. We decided to spring for the fresh free-range bird from Whole Foods, since this is out first Thanksgiving at home and I don't want to deal with frozen (small freezer).

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

icunurse
11-13-2005, 02:31 PM
have to brag about my best turkey deal EVER (and it was a week before Thanksgiving)... 10 cents/lb of a major brand turkey at Super Kmart. I happened to walk in for something else and saw the sale. They were out, but issued me a raincheck. So, i went back the next week and bought the biggest one they had - 22 lbs! My mom still talks about how cheap I am until this day.... :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

bostonsmama
11-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm going back and forth between a few deals. At Farm Fresh (local chain) Butterballs are 48 cents/lb if you buy $25 worth of other groceries. Not hard to do, esp. since they have the best spiral sliced honey baked hams...but, Kroger just listed $5.00 and $10.00 off coupons for turkeys between 5-15lbs and 16+lbs. But I'm not sure what their going price for a butterball is (maybe $1.29lb). I'm thinking of actually taking the Farm Fresh ad into my commisary and just getting them to price match. At the comm, Stove Top is 50 cents a box, cranberries 49cents/can, chicken stock 39 cents/can and millions of other things where prices can't be beat (like Mrs. Smith pies for $2.29 w/ $2.00 off coupons!!). Anyways, still looking. Mom can't confirm the guest list for T-day, so whereas we normally get a 26-lb bird and 7lb ham, we might be looking at a 16lb bird & 5lb ham. OH, and mom won't let me buy anything but Butterball. Over the past (yikes, almost 60years), she's had a lot of turkey and prefers that brand. Honeysuckle, Jennie-O, etc are much cheaper.

Larissa